About this course
Find your niche in the exciting and booming sports industry by representing sports people and making sure they get the best opportunities.
A job is usually a means to an end; a way to earn money so that you can live the life you want. But, what if your job was the life you wanted and not just a paycheck? The sports industry is constantly growing, and everyday people are making a living in a career that they love.
If you are interested in becoming one of many people who are finding job satisfaction in an industry that they love, then our online Sports Agent course is all you need to get you started. Everyday, players are getting signed to new contracts by teams and sponsors, and the need for sports agents to represent them and get them the best contract possibly is constantly increasing.
Regardless of whether you are looking for your first career or you are looking to change careers to something more fulfilling, our online Sports Agent course will prepare you to excel in the booming sports industry. With our extensive course, you can learn on your own time, wherever you find it most convenient. Enroll today, and let us help you work towards a new, exciting career on your schedule.
What you'll learn
Our online Sports Agent course will prepare you with everything you need to become a great sports agent, including:
- An introduction into the role of a sports agent
- Networking techniques
- Negotiating techniques
- Basic finances
- Contract law
- Public relations
- Building a relationship with clients
Who is this course for?
A great sports agent is someone who:
- Loves sports.
- Loves working with people.
- Knows how to present him or herself confidently.
- Has great sales knowledge and skills.
- A confident negotiator.
If these qualities describe you, then we can give you the knowledge you need to finally start a rewarding and fulfilling career.
After completing this course, you could:
- Explore the exciting and challenging job of being a Sports Agent.
- Continue down the educational path to become a Sports Agent.
- Be more self-assured and confident in your selling and negotiation skills.
- Know if this is the right job for you.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
PDF Certificate included in price.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Module 1: Introduction
- Role of a Sports Agent
- Salary and Pay Scale
- Skills Necessary for a Sports Agent
- Tips for Success as a Sports Agent
Module 2: Understanding The Sports You Will Be Handlin
- Other Sports
Module 3: Networking
- Getting Your Name Out There
- Handling Rejection
- Making a Good Impression
- Building a Relationship
- Make Things Easy for the Client (Simplify)
Module 4: Analyzing Worth
- Assessing Your Client’s Worth
- Market Analysis
- Accepting and Accounting for Client Weaknesses
- Assessing for the Right Target
Module 5: Client Relationship
- Finding and Landing New Clients
- Confidence and Value
- Managing Expectations
- Giving Your Client What He/She Wants
- Advising Client on Big Decisions
Module 6: Public Relations
- Creating a Brand
- Highlighting Your Client’s Strengths
- Pitching Your Client
- Avoiding or Deflecting Weaknesses
- Showing Strength in Yourself
Module 7: Finance
- Understanding Finance
- Advising Your Client
- Salary Structures
- Incentives and Bonuses
- Analyzing the Numbers
Module 8: Legal Matters
- Understanding Contract Laws
- The Language of Lawyers
- Fine Print and Caveats
- Contract Creation and/or Approval
- Tips and Tricks
Module 9: Understanding General Managers And Team Structure
- Front Office Structure and Roles
- How Teams Market Players
- The Economics of Sports
- Managing Facilities
- Managing Events
Module 10: Negotiating With Teams And Sponsors
- How to Negotiate
- Knowing the Tricks
- Bad Negotiation Techniques
- Analyzing Your Opponent
- Managing Your Risk and Doing What is Best for the Client