Element5 Digital / Pexels
About this course
Profit from the booming demand for manicures and pedicures. Find out how to care for and decorate nails with these techniques used by experts.
Paying attention to the care and decoration of hands, fingernails, feet and toenails is essential for a fully groomed look. Business is booming for nail salons all over the world and demand for good nail artists is flourishing.
There’s huge demand now for many types of nail treatments. Customers expect high quality, long lasting results. We’ll train you in the most up to date techniques like UV Gel nails and Shellac. Both the application and removal of Gels and Shellac need specific skills and careful attention to maintain the integrity of the natural nail. Learn how to offer these services correctly and professionally so you create loyal customers.
What you'll learn
The IOA’s extensive nail artist course equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to start a very exciting career in nail care. You’ll begin by learning to recognize individual types of skin and the most suitable products to treat them with. We outline the problems you’ll come across in nails and how to correct them.
A good manicure is not just about nail care. This course includes a module on hand exercises and how to give a great hand massage, the foundations to healthy, beautiful hands. We’ll also show you how to adapt these techniques to a pedicure. Once you’ve mastered the basics, it’s time for the exciting parts.
Starting with the steps for a French manicure, we’ll show you all the latest trends and techniques for decorating nails in fashion busting glamour! You’ll learn about different types of nail polish and their properties, what’s current in nail fashion and much more.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for individuals interested in learning more about the exciting and challenging careers available for nail technicians. From high fashion to hometown weddings, there is always a demand for skilled nail technicians.
Perhaps you'd like to become a beauty blogger, or simply improve your skills for personal use? This course will help any person learn foundational skills and build on them to achieve great results!
Upon completion of this course, you could:
- Find work at a high-end nail salon.
- Be closer to starting your own nail salon.
- Become part of a team of hairstylists, makeup artists, and stylists for photo shoots, fashion spreads, movies, TV, and high fashion catwalks.
- Start a beauty blog, YouTube channel, Instagram account.
- Impress everyone with your nail skills!
Kris Atomic / Unsplash
No formal qualifications are required.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Follow the easy peasy enrollment process.
Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device.
Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: General Care Of Hands
- Skin Types
- Creams and suitable products
- Exercises for hands
- Nail disorders
Module 2: Manicure
- The steps to a good manicure:
- Hand massage:
Module 3: Pedicure
- Steps to a good pedicure.
- Foot Massage
Module 4: Nail Art
- Types of nail polish
- Tools you need and how to add decorations.
- Examples of decoration choices
- Products on the market.
Module 5: Gel & Shellac Manicure
- Gel Nails
- Step by step instructions for sculpted gel nails with a French manicure.
- Maintaining and filling:
- Shellac Style Nails
- Steps for applying Shellac