“View but her face, and in that little round you may observe a world of variety". John Ford
Did you know that a successful makeup artist can earn up to $100,000 per year and that the expected market growth is 13%, with 83,300 jobs expected to open before 2022?
Whether you want to freelance at weddings, work in TV or cinema, in a beauty salon, become a writer or even a Youtuber - the opportunities for a professional Make Up Artist are enormous. Career opportunities are nearly endless!
If becoming a makeup artist is the career you've been dreaming about, then this course is the perfect foundation for you.
What you’ll learn
Learn professional makeup artistry with this comprehensive course on makeup. You'll develop a firm understanding of:
- Face Shapes
- Skin tones
- Facial Features (which are incredibly important for a makeup artist at any level)
- Contouring makeup
- Choosing eye makeup shades
- Picking colours
- How to accent, highlight, and enhance the face
- Different types of products, tools, makeup brushes, and how to utilize them
- Information on skin care routines and best practices will help you keep skin healthy and beautiful
- How to build your makeup kit (for beginners and for advanced makeup artists)
- The best makeup tips for makeup application, removal, and more
Get hands-on skills that you can take immediately to the makeup table.
Some of the skills you'll learn include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Skin Care - Master skin care routines, makeup, and foundation applications. Information on preparation and aftercare practices and techniques for skin health will help you make the right decisions for each client. With tips like applying makeup to oily skin, which products work for sensitive skin, and aftercare for dry skin, you'll learn to work with every skin type.
- Corrections - From applying foundation to using makeup contouring to shade and correct features based on face shape, you'll be able to smooth and correct any face. Tools - Build your makeup kit, select the best makeup tools, and learn how to use them
- Eyes and Brows - Learn to contour for different eye types, and learn how to flatter eye colours and shapes. You'll also learn critical information on shading and creating shapes using the natural brow.
- False Eyelashes - Applying false eyelashes and eyelash extensions require much skill, and you'll learn that and more including initial application, maintenance, types, and safe removal.
- Makeup for different ages - Different ages require a different approach to makeup. Learn what makeup is more suitable for the different age groups.
- Makeup styles - Learn how to choose the right makeup for different occasions such as daytime, evening & parties.
Who is this course for?
For individuals interested in learning more about the exciting and challenging careers available for makeup artists. From high fashion and Broadway to hometown weddings, there is always a demand for skilled makeup artists.
Perhaps you'd like to become a beauty blogger, or simply improve your skills for personal use? This course will help any person learn foundational skills and build on them to achieve great results!
After you complete this course, you could:
- Represent a cosmetics company in demonstrating product use.
- Apply Makeup to fashion models using suitable catwalk theme.
- Provide professional Makeup to assist photographers and stylists.
- Makeup for wedding parties.
- Be a Makeup artist on film sets and for theatre productions.
- Provide a professional Makeup service to individual clients.
- Start a beauty blog, YouTube channel, or Instagram
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
PDF Certificate included in course price.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Step 1 - Register: Follow the easy peasy enrollment process
Step 2 - Study: Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device
Step 3 - Evaluations: Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module
Step 4 - Certification: Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Skin Types
- Normal skin
- Combination skin
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
- Sensitive skin
- Determining skin type
- Makeup removal
- Skincare - Video tutorial
Module 2: Contouring
- Skin tones and undertones
- Color correctors
- Contouring, highlighting and strobing
- Contouring techniques - Video tutorial
- Different face shapes and enhancement techniques
- Round face
- Oblong face
- Square face
- Rectangular face
- Triangular face
- Tips and tricks
Module 3: Tools
- Introduction to tools
- Brushes: natural vs. synthetic
- Brush types
Module 4: Foundations and Corrections
- Correct blemishes - Video tutorial
- Foundations and Corrections - Video tutorial
- Types and textures
- How to choose a Foundation - Video tutorial
- Makeup allergy testing
- Correcting problem skin
- Choosing foundation to suit skin tone
- Color Wheel
- Complementary Colors
- Complementary and Opposite Colors Chart
Module 5: Color
- Identifying the correct color palette
- Personal Color Analysis
- Eye color
- Skin tones
- Hair tones
Module 6: Eye Makeup
- Applying Eye Makeup to suit Eye Shapes:
- Monolid eyes
- Hooded eyes
- Upturned eyes
- Downturned eyes
- Round eyes
- Almond eyes
- Sunken eyes
- Close-set eyes
- Wide-set eyes
- Trendimi Eye Makeup – Video tutorial
- How to apply eyeliner – Video tutorial
- How to use an eyelash curler – Video tutorial
Module 7: Eyebrow Grooming
- Eyebrows in general
- Corrections for eyebrows
- Eyebrow Makeup - Video tutorial
- Perfectly defined eyebrows
Module 8: Lip Makeup
- Types of lip products
- Lip types
- How to determine lipstick shades
- Lip Makeup – Video tutorial
Module 9: Makeup Styles
- Makeup for daytime
- Makeup for daytime – Video tutorial
- Makeup for afternoon
- Makeup for afternoon – Video tutorial
- Makeup for evening and parties
- Makeup for evening and parties – Video tutorial
- Smoky eyes
- Smoky eyes – Video tutorial
- Nude Makeup
- Nude Makeup – Video tutorial
- Bridal Makeup
- Bridal Makeup – Video tutorial
- Makeup for Men
- Makeup for Men – Video tutorial
Module 10: False Eyelashes and Eyelash Extensions
- Types of false lashes
- Practical use of false lashes
- Attaching false eyelashes
- How to add false eyelashes – Video tutorial
- Removing false eyelashes
- Introduction to eyelash extensions
- Kit required for eyelash extensions
- Step-by-step attachment of extensions
- Customer tips
- Maintenance sessions
Module 11: Make Up for Different Ages
- Women in their 20s
- Women in their 20s – Video tutorial
- Women in their 30s
- Women in their 30s – Video tutorial
- Women in their 40s
- Women in their 40s – Video tutorial
- Women in their 50s
- Women in their 50s – Video tutorial
- Women over 60
- Women over 60 – Video tutorial
- Makeup mistakes that can age
Module 12: Health and Safety
- Cleaning and hygiene
- Stocking up
- Good practices for prevention of infection and contagion
Module 13: Creating Your Makeup Kit
- Personal kit
- The basic professional kit
- The complete professional kit
- Makeup kit – Video tutorial
- Typical Makeup kit pricing
- Trendimi’s recommended products
- Preparation products
- Tools of the trade
- Makeup products
- Makeup Brushes
Module 14: Getting Started
- The Importance of having a License
- Staying on Top of Beauty Trends
- Getting your Make Up Career off the ground
- Research before you begin
100% authentic student testimonials
I loved these courses and I feel that I learned a lot from them. These courses will be instrumental in my future success for a long while to come. I would recommend to anyone to take an IOA course Maria Huber - Ireland
I enjoy having the ability to complete coursework at my own pace. I am very happy with the courses and my family, friends, and co-workers all agree that my Makeup Artistry skills have improved since completing the course Jessica Moni - United Kingdom
I love IOA. I have finished many courses and will continue to do so as I have tried other online schools and this one is #1. Modules are easy to comprehend and the exams are not easy, so be sure to study! Good luck on your new journey!
Rosemary Villatoro - United States
IOA had courses on subjects I wanted to study for a reasonable price. I gained knowledge and am able to turn it into experience.
Alyssa Elmore - United States