With the knowledge in this course, you can transform your home into your dream environment with much less effort than you might think. To begin with, your Home Refresh and Remodeling chapters will take you through the basics of decoration, refurbishment and simple repairs.
With the knowledge in this course, you can transform your home into your dream environment with much less effort than you might think. To begin with, your Home Refresh and Remodeling chapters will take you through the basics of decoration, refurbishment and simple repairs. Learn how to approach projects, work with contractors and keep to a budget. Discover how much work you can actually carry out yourself, saving significant costs. We’ll introduce you to the basics of interior design so you have an overall plan in mind before beginning refurbishment.
If you feel you’re ready to tackle more adventurous projects, your DIY Home Upgrade chapters take you on a rewarding journey into making your environment the best it can be. Adding new features to your home or garden through your own efforts increases your equity and also gives you deep satisfaction. Avoiding outside labour costs means you can do even more with your savings. Learn new techniques, skills and tips that help you make the changes you’d love to see sooner than you think.
What You'll Learn
- Add a deeper dimension to the interior of your home with your Feng Shui Interior Design chapters. We’ll teach you the fundamentals behind this ancient Chinese practice of bringing balance and harmony to the spaces we live in. Discover how to use shapes, colours and focal points for a pleasing atmosphere. Learn what to consider when placing furniture and objects, the most auspicious location for different daily activities and the importance of flow and order.
- As people live busier lives, more and more are willing to employ home stylists to translate their functional and design requirements into elegant, stunning homes that are a joy to live in. With the practical experience you gain from the knowledge in this course, you could put your new skills into action and develop a reliable income doing what you love!
- Get started today and change your view for the better!
Who is this course for?
This is the ideal course for any homeowner who wants to turn their ho-hum home into their dream abode!
We teach you everything you need to know to keep costs down, aesthetic high and to leave you feeling proud of everything you have accomplished!
After finishing this course, you could:
- Give your home the renovation of your dreams, with the lowest budget possible
- Be able to give advice to friends and family
- Take your interior design business to the next level
- Learn if the interior design and home renovation industries are right for you
No formal qualifications are required.
PDF Certificate included in price.
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES.
This course is CPD/CE accredited. Our CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role.
CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
- Step 1 - Register: Follow the easy peasy enrollment process
- Step 2 - Study: Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device
- Step 3 - Evaluations: Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module
- Step 4 - Certification: Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Why Renovate?
- Home Damage & Disrepair
- Asthma and Health Issues
- Insurance Considerations
- Improving Home Value
- Refurbishing for Resale
- Building Your Dream Home
Module 2: Considerations
- Budgeting & Working out Costs
- Small Changes, Big Results
- Why Changing Your Mind Costs Money
- Property Tax and Cost of Insurance
- Different Types of Repairs and Refurbishment
- Using Timescale to Your Benefit
Module 3: Hiring And Working With Contractors
- Researching and Asking for Quotes
- Verifying Contractor Credibility
- Working with a Subcontractor
- Getting Started
- Contracts and Scheduling
- Valuation and Payment
- When Things Go Wrong
- Wiring and Plumbing
- Heating and Cooling
Module 4: Paperwork And Legal
- DIY Refurbishment
- Building Regulations
- Planning Permission
- Legal Requirements
- Contracts and Agreements with Contractors
- Health and Safety
- Keeping Records
Module 5: Design Inspiration And Ideas And Checklists
- Some Popular Types of Interior Design
- Traditional Interior Design
- Modern Variations
- Art Deco
- Vintage or Shabby Chic
- Design Inspiration from Different Countries
- Feng Shui in Interior Design
- Vastu Shastra
- Japanese Zen
- Room by Room Refurbishment Checklist
- Beautiful Walls and Ceilings
- Living Spaces
- Hallways and Transitional Spaces
Module 6: Decorating
- painting and selecting colours
- vinyl flooring
Module 7: Walls
- building exterior walls
- building interior walls
- knocking down walls
Module 8: Outdoor Projects
- patios and decks
- driveways and paths
- landscaping, planting and irrigation
- garden structures
- water features
Module 9: Damp, Rot And Pests
- wet and dry rot
- pest prevention and eradication
- prevention of damp
- treating damp
Module 10: Home Security
- door security
- window security
- burglar alarms
- fire prevention
Module 11: An Introduction To Using Feng Shui Indoors
- What is Feng Shui
- How Does Feng Shui Affect the Home
- An Introduction to the Forms What is Not Important in Interior Feng Shui
- Your Feelings as a guide Module 2: Feng Shui Basics for a Happy, Balanced Home
Module 12: Feng Shui Basics For A Happy, Balanced Home
- Clutter and Chaos
- Chi and Balance
- Yin, Yang, and Tao
- Object Placement
- Finding Balance Module 3: Common Feng Shui Forms, Doors, and Windows
Module 13: Common Feng Shui Forms, Doors, And Windows
- An Introduction to Interior Forms
- Balancing the Forms
- The Main Door
- Additional Doors
Module 14: Feng Shui In The Kitchen, Dining And Living Spaces
- Kitchen Placement
- The Stove and the Sink
- What Not to Worry About
- Dining Tables
- Living Spaces
Module 15: Feng Shui In The Bedroom And Sleeping Spaces
- The Bedroom Location
- The Bed and Its Placement
- Decorations, Shelves, and Beams
- Electronics and Technology
100% Authentic Student Testimonials
The courses are very easy to understand and follow. The tests are short and sweet, and really help you remember what you've read. I’ve enjoyed all of the courses I've taken so far. Yolanda - United States
Absolutely thrilled with my decision to pursue a course of training through IOA! So many amazing elements have come from my experience so far. Being able to do it at my own pace is such a huge bonus. It is challenging and fun! A good decision for anyone! Janelle Pierce
This course has already been a 100% total success and experience! I love this course and will sign up for more soon! Thanks for the continued encouragement! Beverly Celestain - United States
The support team has helped me and even congratulated me once I finished the course which was something I wasn't expecting; but it was nice to feel like you had friends that helped you accomplish something that you've wanted to do. Kiya Childers - United States
Program taught in: