About this course
Play a key role in the solving of crimes as you learn how forensic science is used to find evidence and bring criminals to justice.
Are you curious about Forensic Science and how it is used to solve crimes?
Many crimes are solved by a “smoking gun” such as an eyewitness or being caught in the act. Other crimes are more complex to solve and require forensic evidence to identify and prove the perpetrator’s guilt.
Forensic science has become the modern “smoking gun” to help solve many of these cases. Perhaps you’ve been watching too many CSI shows on TV and you’ve been wondering if all their techniques are real? Maybe you are interested to know how basic principles of science can be used in crime investigation, are considering a career as a forensic scientist, or need to know more to advance your current fields, such as criminology, forensic psychology, criminal law, or crime-writing?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, our online Forensic Science course is uniquely designed for individuals like you, who:
- Have an interest in science
- Have a passion for solving crimes and justice
- Enjoy obtaining new knowledge
- Want a better understanding of criminal investigations and court cases
- Are considering a new career or want to enhance your current career
- Would like to have an impressive addition to your resume
What you'll learn
Throughout our online curriculum, you will learn the basics of the forensic sciences, from principles to analytical techniques that are used to build information useful in solving crimes. The contributions in the criminal justice system are unmeasurable. For instance, DNA evidence has been the reason that more than 300 prisoners, many on death row, have been exonerated, some after decades in prison. In this course you will learn how:
- Forensic science developed and its roles in police work and solving crimes.
- Evidence such as blood and fingerprints can be analyzed and used as evidence.
- To determine how long someone has been dead, even for a very long time.
- Powerful DNA evidence is to catch a criminal.
- Forensic scientists apply their expertise in court.
- Forensic scientists work in different roles and settings.
With this course, you will gain a good understanding of what Forensic Science is, the basic principles that are applied, and the different techniques and technologies that are used in the process.
Who is this course for?
Do you want the opportunity to know more, or start a new career, a career that allows you to help solve crimes?
Not only will our online Forensic Science course equip you with a new wealth of knowledge to prepare you for a new career, improve your current job, enhance your resume, or help you understand your favourite crime book or TV show better, but it will also allow you to do all of your studies on your own time, from home.
Whether you need a new challenge, are looking to gain experience in an interesting and exciting field, or simply to know more about it, learning about Forensic Science is a great way to improve your opportunities and personal satisfaction.
Upon completion of this course, you could:
- Begin a path to a career in law enforcement, in such varied fields as criminology, forensic psychology, or criminal law.
- Elevate your crime writing to the next level.
- Start a blog or podcast about crime.
- Write a new crime-solving TV show.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us.
Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course.
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic).
If you meet these criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course.
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)
This course is CPD/CE accredited. Our CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
Program taught in: