ELEVATE / Pexels
About this course
One of the most satisfying aspects of catering is being able to help make someone’s celebration go smoothly.
As a caterer, you will be helping people celebrate some of the most important milestones and moments in their life, and being able to see the smile on your client’s faces when you give them a time they will not forget is priceless.
Whether you are looking for a new career that is less monotonous or looking for your first career and want to work in an exciting, rewarding industry, our online Food & Beverage course can help you get where you want to be. Among other things, owning a successful catering or party planning business requires an understanding of food, beverages, and the service of each.
What you'll learn
In this course, you will gain mastery in the following topics to help you make your business as desirable as possible to prospective clients:
- Foodservice management
- Catering management
- Product development
- Beverage management
With the level of understanding that we provide to you in these concepts, you will leave our course prepared to wow your clients with your knowledge and expert service of food and beverages.
Who is this course for?
This is a career that is great for people who:
- Love to work with others.
- Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from making others happy.
- Love food, beverages, and the culture that surrounds their service.
- Is patient, smart, and quick on their feet.
After you complete this course, you could:
- Start a career in the food and beverage industry.
- Open your own catering company.
- Increase your knowledge and skills, impress your bosses and earn a promotion or raise.
- Become a more well-rounded employee.
Chris F / Pexels
No formal qualifications are required.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Follow the easy peasy enrollment process.
Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device.
Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Foodservice Management
- Introduction to the food service industry
- Responsible foodservice
- Foodservice procedures
- Event planning
- Marketing yourself
Module 2: Catering
- Scale and size
- Product & service development
- Menu planning & pricing
- Working with the client
- Culture & cuisine
Module 3: Nutrition
- Introduction to nutrition
- Keeping cuisine healthy
- Remaining health conscious
- Sustainable foods
Module 4: Beverage Management
- Beverage service laws and regulations
- Beverage trends
- Pricing and purchasing
- Basics of beer, wine, and liquor
Module 5: Product Development
- Understanding ingredients
- Analysing demand and need
- Market research
- Tapping into trends
- Understanding your product