Put your people and organizational skills to great use by learning from A to Z how to launch an exciting career as an Event Planner
Event management–a thriving industry
The event management business is booming. We are in a new era where the marketing industry has grown and widened to an unprecedented level and event management is a thriving part of this sector.
Well planned and stylized events are no longer confined to the business sector. Charities, the sporting sector, the political world, entertainment world and individuals now use events to promote and celebrate a variety of issues, occasions, and themes. It's effectiveness in growing awareness, raising funds, celebrating achievements, promoting sales and marking personal highlights is widely accepted.
Bored with your job? Grab the opportunity for an exciting new career
Event management is a really exciting career choice now. Setting up your own business in this area is a very achievable goal. As you don’t need premises, products or equipment, your set up costs would be very low. This is a career which gives you independence, flexibility and the freedom to work to your own agenda. It’s rewarding, fulfilling and stimulating. It allows you to develop creatively and professionally.
Do you have good organizational skills? Are you efficient and thorough at seeing a project through? Then you’re halfway there to becoming a great event manager. On their own, though, organizational skills and efficiency aren’t enough. There’s a significant amount of industry-specific knowledge and some extra skills that are essential to have before you start planning.
What you’ll learn
Particularly over the past 10 years, event management has evolved so that both attendees and hosts now expect a high standard in memorable events. In our Event & Hospitality Management course, we’ve put together a thorough and in-depth training in all aspects of planning and running many kinds of events. You’ll learn:
- important principles in event management.
- effective strategies in attracting and winning contracts.
- how to manage budgets, advice on contracts, booking venues and securing sponsors.
- how to prepare and present an event proposal.
- tips for successful meetings with clients.
- what qualities to look for when hiring service providers.
- how to plan your event schedule with a step by step guide including a detailed pre-event and event day checklist.
- general etiquette and protocol (preparing invitations, table seating arrangements, table manners, and dress codes).
- how to manage a crisis.
- what an event manager's job looks like up close with a real-life case study.
The course is packed with clear, practical knowledge, tips and insights from within the event planning industry. Throughout the course, we quote illustrative examples and include useful charts. You’ll watch video tutorials which really bring the content alive.
There are many lucrative sectors within the event management industry. You could specialize in one or market yourself in a number of areas:
- The sporting world – stage testimonial games, pro-am tournaments or mini-marathons.
- The entertainment industry – manage live music, theatre, dance, film or comedy event.
- The Not-for-profit sector – help a worthy cause to raise funds and build widespread awareness with head-turning events or celebrity galas.
- Style personal, intimate family occasions like religious ceremonies, birthdays or weddings.
- Event-manage store openings, new product launches or book launches.
- Organize corporate, political or community events.
Who is this course for?
Prepared by experienced, successful event planners
This Event & Hospitality Management course has been prepared specifically with you in mind, from essential practices to minor details. Our international team of experienced event planners has put together a thorough education in relevant and up to date knowledge from today’s events world. You’ll receive valuable advice, practical strategies and industry secrets that will help you to get ahead in the events sector.
As all training is accessed online, you can study your material anytime, anyplace that suits you and your life.
You’ll receive a thorough and detailed training in the essential principles and the minor details in managing events, preparing you for an exciting new direction in your life.
After completing this course, you could:
- Start your own event planning business;
- Join the team of an existing event planning and managing company;
- Be part of a company that creates festivals, theatre experiences, weddings, or many other exciting and interesting events;
- Take your existing event planning job to the next level with your improved skills and abilities.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course;
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic).
If you meet these criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course.
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)
This course is CPD/CE accredited. Our CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Step 1 - Register: Follow the easy peasy enrollment process.
Step 2 - Study: Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device.
Step 3 - Evaluations: Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module.
Step 4 - Certification: Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Working with Clients
- Planning and preparing for the meeting
- First impressions and presentation
- What does your client need?
- What comes next? Timeframes
- Following up
- Event proposal
- Contracts and agreements
Module 2: Steps for Planning an Event
- Target your goals and audience
- Planning the event: date and time
- Food and beverage
Module 3: Invitations, Greetings and Dress Code
- Invitations and replies
- Greetings etiquette and handshake protocol
- Dress code
Module 4: Table Manners and Table Settings
- Table-seating arrangements
- Table settings
- Table manners
Module 5: The Event
- Last-minute preparations
- During the event
- Business cards
- Evaluating the event
- After the event: Keeping up with your clients, partners, and guests
Module 6: What Is Event Management?
- What is Event Management?
- Role of the Event Manager
- Project Management
- Strength & Weaknesses of the event management profession (elements of SWOT)
- Crisis Management
- Planning Your Career
Module 7: Types of Events
- •Lunch Events
- Fashion Shows
- Religious Events
- Sport Events
- Political Events
100% authentic student testimonials
I am 45 years old now and going back to school is not an option for me at this time. I needed to take something that would help me get a good scope of my options in the workforce and make it easier for me to understand the expectations and demands of my choices. This was heaven sent and it has helped me to transition to where I want to be today. Marianella Morales - United States
The simple layout of the course enabled me to absorb the information easily and ensured I had a full understanding of what I was learning. The practice questions were helpful in preparing me for the exam questions for each section. All in all, a comprehensive and well-executed course. Highly recommended. Tam Van Wyk – Australia
Absolutely thrilled with my decision to pursue a course of training through IOA! So many amazing elements have come from my experience so far. Being able to do it at my own pace is such a huge bonus. It is challenging and fun! A good decision for anyone! Janelle Pierce
The support team has helped me and even congratulated me once I finished the course which was something I wasn't expecting, but it was nice to feel like you had friends that helped you accomplish something that you've wanted to do.
Kiya Childers - United States
Program taught in: