Get started learning how to use information as a competitive edge.
Apple, Facebook, and Google are three of today’s most vibrant companies. And they have something in common: they understand that the value of their business is built on what they know about their business and their customers, and this gives them their competitive advantage. Information is the key to contemporary business success.
Learn from the business experts
Deakin University’s Business School is a global leader in business and management education. Its online MBA is ranked in the top 20 in the world, and the School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). A hallmark of excellence, AACSB accreditation is awarded to business schools that meet strict standards of quality, academic and professional excellence, and the most recognized form worldwide of professional accreditation an institution and its business programs can earn.
What topics will you cover?
- value of information to businesses as a competitive advantage
- entrepreneurial spirit and how to elevate yourself above the competition
- case studies of how businesses use the information to generate distinctive ideas and create new opportunities
- situation analysis to develop the confidence to make decisions that lead to achieving personal goals
- competitive nature and the ethical implications of having an information advantage
- elements that set your business apart and how to use this knowledge to stay ahead.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify how information and IT can generate business value for competitive advantage
- Discover how different kinds of IT investments provide different types of business value
- Analyse your own competitive advantage and the value of information you hold
- Develop a plan for how you can successfully use the value of information in your career
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at a wide range of learners interested in the way contemporary businesses use the information to gain a competitive advantage. It will be of particular interest to new small to medium enterprises and learners devising new business plans.
Program taught in: