Why join the course?
Networking is a fundamental skill, which will help you take control of your career. This free online course introduces the principles of networking as a fundamental skill to help develop your personal brand in the world of work.
Build your network and personal brand online and in the real world
You will craft, and receive feedback on, an elevator pitch, a short statement about your role and talents. You will learn how to analyze the value of your connections, whether you are looking for a new job or seeking ways of being more effective in your current position. The course will also cover strategies for self-presentation, keeping in touch with your connections and ensuring that your networking relationships are based on mutual benefit and trust. As well as honing your interpersonal skills in essential areas such as giving and seeking information, the course will cover the fundamentals of creating and managing your digital presence for networking on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
Develop fundamental business and finance skills
This course has been developed by The Open University Business School – a pioneering institution that is triple accredited by AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB. It is one of eight from The Open University, designed to help you gain fundamental business and financial skills, including communication, networking, relationship building, project management, personal financial planning and management, investment and financial services. You can complete this course as part of one of these two programs: Business Fundamentals: four courses, which will boost your employability and effectiveness at work, and enable you to earn a FutureLearn Award. Business and Finance Fundamentals: eight courses; holders of FutureLearn Certificates of Achievement for all eight courses can earn 30 UK credits towards The Open University Business School’s BA in Business Management by passing a linked Open University assessment module (requiring separate OU registration and fee).
What topics will you cover?
- Nature and benefits of networking
- Barriers to networking and how to overcome them
- Frameworks for self-assessment and communicating professional strengths and interests
- Interpersonal skills including giving and receiving feedback, listening and using appropriate body language
- Online communication in a professional context
- Fundamentals of brand equity as applied to individuals
- Monitoring, evaluation, and planning for improving the mutual value of networking activity
What will you achieve?
- Apply the principles of effective networking
- Improve your impression-management skills in a professional context
- Develop your analytical and prioritization skills
- Identify, select and use online tools to enhance your digital presence
- Develop the potential of your personal brand
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for anyone looking to enhance and develop their professional network in order to open up opportunities and strengthen their professional relationships. The course does not require any previous experience of studying networking. For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website. The Open University does not operate in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. This means that Learners based in those countries will not be able to convert their participation in this Program to Open University course credits.
- FREE online course
- Duration: 4 weeks
- 3 hours pw
- Certificates available
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018