Don’t let numbers scare you! Learn the world of finance straight from the experts and bravely face your finances with this online accounting course
Do you wish you had a better grasp of accounting?
Everyone, whether you want to become an accountant or know more about your personal and business finances, will benefit from a better understanding of accounting and bookkeeping.
The IOA Accounting & Bookkeeping course gives you the basics you need to familiarize yourself with accounting and bookkeeping, to prepare yourself to begin a career in the field, and/or be a better asset to your business.
Wouldn’t you like to:
- Understand the financial side of your business better
- Get a head start on your career in accounting or bookkeeping
- Better understand how to plan for and prepare taxes
Our online accounting course and bookkeeping course gives you the opportunity to learn more about accounting and bookkeeping, and expand your horizons. Get through coursework anytime, anywhere. The IOA Accounting & Bookkeeping course will prepare you for better business practices and/or a career in the field.
What you’ll learn
The IOA Accounting & Bookkeeping course is specially designed to make this seemingly insurmountable topic accessible and easy. Our specialized course modules will walk you through accounting and bookkeeping step-by-step, making sure you leave this course confident and ready to tackle the financial world. This course will focus on:
- The importance of basic accounting practices
- Keeping and balancing a business payroll
- Tracking business inventory and making sure everything adds up
- Keeping track of cash and balancing currency
- Proper bookkeeping practices
- Profit analysis and shareholder equity
- Reporting taxes and preparing your business for an audit (internal and external)
Get an IOA education in your own time.
Who is this course for?
This is an ideal course for those who:
- Want to work in the finance and accounting industries
- Own their own business and want to ensure all accounting and bookkeeping is done correctly
- Already do accounting and bookkeeping and wish to update their skills
- Are interested in the world of accounting and bookkeeping and wish to explore the various tasks that accountants are expected to do
- Wish to add value to their current job by bringing more skills to the table
- Are planning on opening a small business and want to increase their knowledge of accounting
After completion of this online accounting course, you could:
- Take the next step to a career in accounting and bookkeeping
- Current employees in the accounting industry could earn a promotion or raise by increasing their skills and knowledge
- Confidently do the books and accounting for your own business, home, or other interests
- Increase profitability in your own business through an increased understanding of accounting and bookkeeping
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic)
If you meet these criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)
This course is CPD/CE accredited. Our CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Step 1 - Register: Follow the easy peasy enrollment process
Step 2 - Study: Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device
Step 3 - Evaluations: Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module
Step 4 - Certification: Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Beginning Accounting
- History of accounting
- Why is accounting important?
- Decisions you must make
- Jargon, or how to speak like an accountant
Module 2: Types Of Accounting
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Tax accounting
Module 3: Making Sense Of Your Accounts
- Organization The accounting cycle
- Using computers for accounting
- How does computerized accounting work?
Module 4: Keeping Inventory And Tracking Sales
- Purpose of inventory
- Keeping up with inventory
- Keeping track of sales
- Balancing cash
Module 5: Controlling And Managing Expenses
- How to control expenses
- Balancing your payroll
- Long-term asset acquisitions
- Financial liabilities
Module 6: Avoiding Illegal Accounting
- Improper accounting procedures
- Avoiding shortcuts
- Famous accounting scandals
Module 7: Introduction Into Bookkeeping
- Importance of bookkeeping
- Single-entry bookkeeping
- Double-entry bookkeeping
Module 8: Proper Bookkeeping
- Balancing and testing your book
- How to adjust entries
- Financial statement preparation
- Profit analysis
- Liquidity, and how to test it
- Why is internal control important?
Module 9: Tracking & Reporting Taxes
- What are business taxes?
- How to report year-end numbers to the government
- Finishing and closing your books
Module 10: Handling An Audit
- External auditor
- Internal auditor
- Cost auditor
- Performance audit
- Quality audits
100% authentic student testimonials
The course was challenging though extremely informative. It is a stepping stone to the business opportunity I want and a certificate behind your name is always recommended.
Liezel Smit - South Africa
Since taking your course, not only have I built my resume further but I have renewed self-confidence in my resume and myself. Thank you IOA.
Sasha Green - Australia
Taught me a lot of things I thought I may have known but apparently only knew half. Excellent choice of courses, so simple to start and read at your own pace. Fantastic, highly recommend and will be doing more courses with IOA.
Michelle Gordon - Australia
Thoroughly enjoyed the course because I took it with me everywhere I went. Very accessible, easy to understand.
Margaret Weti - Australia
Absolutely a course for my career needs. With a BA already, this certificate is perfect for my future goals. The curriculum is well-crafted and meaningful. I can't express how grateful I am to have found IOA. Thank you!! I will be a lifetime learner with IOA.
Kim - United States
Program taught in: