What are the objectives of this course?
This course will help you get to grips with some industry-leading applications in the Adobe franchise.
- Look into how websites can be improved and learn techniques needed to carry out these improvements.
- How to create a company logo with Illustrator and use Photoshop to prepare a mock-up of a new website’s layout.
- How to make slices with the Fireworks selection tool and how to add more slices to a web page.
- How to optimize images with the optimize palette.
- How to create a Dreamweaver site including choosing background colors, modifying a template and editing layouts in Fireworks.
- How to add content to pages and how to link buttons.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and its uses, benefits and basic elements.
- Duplication, modification and movement styles and how to create and apply a new class style.
- How to set up rollover buttons and popup menus and how to create animated .gif files in Fireworks.
- Learn how to integrate CSS and DHTML layers and how to set up forms on the Stu. page.
- Creating web shot galleries and how to incorporate a gallery into a web page.
- Understand the basics of incorporating Flash and Flash video into a web page.
- Learn how to make Flash slideshows
- Learn how to create a Flash banner ad.
- Discover how to test a website to check for potential problems.
- Learn how to add metadata and keywords for SEO benefits.
- How to check source codes for error and fix them.
- How to create business cards and brochures with web page graphics and how to save them as PDF files for printing purposes.
Who is it intended for?
Any web designers who are looking to gain a full understanding of the process of creating content-rich, polished and professional websites and carry out the processes practically. Or, anyone who wants to know how to conduct a website makeover.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to function in roles such as web development, graphic designer, and web designer. They will also be able to go onto further study in programming, development or web design.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.