What are the objectives of this course?
Throughout your course duration, we will also provide access to dedicated Live Labs that students can use to practice and develop their practical skills. These labs will allow you to put your knowledge to the test and recreate scenarios you come up against during your studies. The first three modules of the course consist of the MCSA Server 2012. Here students will learn the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, how to keep a Windows Server 2012 machine running in peak condition and the advanced services required to maintain an enterprise-class IT environment:
- Microsoft 70-410: Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
The course then shifts focus to Microsoft Exchange 2013 and the fundamentals of the messaging platform with the Microsoft 70-341: Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. Students will learn:
- How to deploy and manage Exchange Server 2013 and use the tools provided to monitor, maintain and troubleshoot a server instance.
- An introduction to the Exchange Server roles and how they are best deployed and managed.
- How to plan, deploy and secure a high-availability Exchange Server by mastering permissions, antivirus, antispam, backup and data recovery provisions.
- Implementing and securing remote email access using the Outlook Web App and third-party mobile messaging apps.
- Centralising and managing recipient objects, address policies and address lists to improve internal and external communications.
The final module will take students through the advanced features of Exchange Server 2013 in the Microsoft 70-342: Advanced Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 module:
- Building a Unified Messaging (UM) solution that improves business-wide communications and availability.
- Boosting security and compliance provisions to meet operational and legal requirements.
- Building an email archiving solution to manage an ever-increasing volume of messages.
- Planning Hybrid scenarios including migration and federation of messaging and data.
Who is it intended for?
This course is for IT administrators who need to learn messaging-specific skills to satisfy the requirement of a job role, or IT professionals who are looking to upskill.
There are no pre-requisites to take this course.
What marks this course apart?
Professionals with the MCSE Server 2012 & 2013 Messaging qualification can function in roles such as 3rd line engineer, infrastructure support, Windows Server administrator and IT manager.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.