What are the objectives of this course?
In this course, candidates will fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and how to build and query complex database solutions in a real-world environment. Students will also get 12 months access to our dedicated Live Labs where they will be able to recreate course scenarios and design new database solutions without building a costly lab of their own.
- Microsoft 70-641: Querying SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Microsoft 70-643: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
After completing the three MCSA SQL Server 2012 modules, students will then shift focus to the elements that make the MCSE SQL 2012 Data Platform with two additional modules.
The first of those, Microsoft 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases, will take students through:
- Mastering data using Master Data Services.
- Ensuring data accuracy using Data Quality Services.
- Managing, configuring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to automate and extend BI functionality.
- Performing data manipulation, transformation, and integration operations.
- Troubleshooting data integration and quality issues.
- Creating and altering tables, constraints, data types, indexes and scalar functions.
- Designing and building advanced solutions that deliver the concurrency, integrity, and reliability demanded by enterprise-class database provisions and off-loading processing requirements from custom applications.
- Optimising data and data access routines to improve efficiency and resource load in preparation for use with BI applications.
- Using performance and system information to implement a continual maintenance and improvement program.
The final module, Microsoft 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012, will focus on:
- Using data compression techniques to maximize storage and bandwidth usage.
- Building database models with lock granularity and search strategies tailored to business needs.
- Designing and constructing full-lifecycle database environment that considers expansion, upgrade and migration needs from the outset.
- Applying automation to streamline management and data processing, reducing administrator workloads.
Who is it intended for?
The MCSE Data Platform course is for IT professionals who want to learn the skills needed to design and implement database solutions for an organization.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
IT professionals who complete the Data Platform MCSE usually go into roles such as database analyst or database designer. These roles average a salary of £32,000.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018