What are the objectives of this course?
This MCSA Server 2012 course is built around three exams and provides you with all the knowledge needed to properly manage, maintain and troubleshoot servers as you would in any enterprise-class data centre.
More than simply providing access to course materials, we also give students 12 months unlimited access to our Live Labs which will help them to practice and develop their practical skills with dedicated live equipment.
Microsoft 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 – Learn the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012:
- Installing and configuring Server 2012 including basic hardware and permissions configuration.
- Configuring key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Creating Active Directory Users and computers and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage a corporate network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources. Microsoft 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012 – Learn how to keep the server running in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS), policies and Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the wider network efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs. Microsoft 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services – Learn how to maintain an enterprise-class operating environment:
- How and why to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- Installing and managing Windows Server 2012 in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forest trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
Who is it intended for?
The MCSA Server 2012 course is ideally suited to IT professionals who are looking to improve their Windows Server management skills or looking to gain an industry-recognised certification.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
After completing the MCSA Server 2012 course, you can go onto completing an MCSE that fits into your career development plans. IT workers who have the MCSA Server 2012 qualification usually function in roles such as server manager, server analyst and systems administrator.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.