What are the objectives of this course?
This course package covers everything from the core fundamentals of querying tables through to building an enterprise-class data warehouse.
As with all of our technical IT packages, we provide 12 months unlimited access to our dedicated Live Labs. This live equipment allows students to input their knowledge and put it to the test by recreating course scenarios and roaming around the live environment without putting their system at risk. It’s a very cost-effective and risk-free way to ensure an understanding of the key Microsoft concepts.
This course is made up of three modules:
Microsoft 70-461: Querying SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
- The Transact-SQL (T-SQL) language and how to build efficient queries, stored procedures and views that return key information quickly.
- How to combine datasets, rank results and extend tables programmatically.
- Optimise T-SQL statements for the most efficient operation.
- Extend reporting and data transfer capabilities using XML.
Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
- Appreciate the correct way to install and use add-on components, instances and services.
- Build systems for high availability environments using AlwaysOn, mirroring and replication to keep data online at all times.
- How to protect information from loss using database backup, restore and disaster recovery (DR) techniques.
- Securing database contents by configuring permissions, alerts, logins, roles and more.
- Practical troubleshooting, maintenance and optimisation techniques
- Advanced data management concepts like data cleansing techniques and Extract Transform Load (ETL) package development and scheduling will keep information accurate, improve data management, transfer and synchronisation for enterprise-class system design.
- How to automate and simplify database management by using SSIS to manage package execution, task execution and scripts.
- How best to maintain server health by using auditing, logging and event handling to assess and troubleshoot potential problems.
Who is it intended for?
This course is perfect for administrators, system engineers and developers who are looking to earn an industry-recognised qualification. It is also suitable for any IT professional who is looking to upgrade their skillset with an understanding of key server management fundamentals.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
IT professionals who have the MCSA SQL Server 2012 qualification can function in roles such as database administrator, database analyst and SQL developer. These roles average a salary of £30,000 a year.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: