What’s the focus of this course?
Simplilearn’s Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 course is designed to impart in-depth understanding and skills to manage storage and compute by using Windows Server 2016.
The course will provide sound knowledge and experience in planning and configuring storage solutions and monitoring virtual machine installations. The course also covers topics on implementing and configuring Microsoft Hyper-V®, Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster, and how to create and manage deployment images.
What are the course objectives?
The course will enable you to:
- Prepare and install Nano Server and Server Core
- Migrate server roles and workloads within a domain and across domains or forests and choose an activation model based on your environment characteristics
- Manage disks and volumes in Windows Server 2016
- Understand the various enterprise storage solutions, and select the appropriate solution for a given situation
- Implement storage spaces and manage storage spaces by using Server Manager and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement data deduplication
- Implement and configure storage and networking on Hyper-V host servers
- Learn how to configure Hyper-V virtual machines and manage virtual machines using PowerShell Direct
- Deploy and manage Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Plan for high availability and disaster recovery solutions with Hyper-V virtual machines
- Plan, implement, and manage failover clustering
- Implement NLB cluster
- Implement and manage deployment images by using MDT
- Manage, monitor, and maintain virtual machine installations
The course is suitable for IT professionals who have some experience working with Windows Server, who are looking to expand their expertise in storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016. The course is best suited for:
- Windows server administrators new to Windows Server administration and related technologies
- IT professionals with general IT knowledge
- Candidates looking to pass the Microsoft certification exam on Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016.
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Ideally, participants should have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017