- 5 hours of self-paced video
- Includes 6 high-quality demos covering important topics
- Includes 1 Impala simulation exam
- Includes 12 chapter-end quizzes and downloadable e-book
- Get a course completion certificate
What is this course about?
The ‘Impala-an Open Source SQL Engine for Hadoop’ is an ideal course package for individuals who want to understand the basic concepts of Massively Parallel Processing or MPP SQL query engine that runs on Apache Hadoop. On completing this course, learners will be able to interpret the role of Impala in the Big Data Ecosystem.
The course focuses on the basics of Impala. It further provides an overview of the superior performance of Impala, against other popular SQL-on-Hadoop systems.
Why is this course popular?
Impala is widely used by analysts and data scientists to perform analytics on data stored in Hadoop with the help of SQL or business intelligence tools. The growing need for professionals equipped with the knowledge Impala has increased opportunities for those who want to make a career in this field.
What learning benefits do you get from Simplilearn’s training?
At the end of Simplilearn’s training in the Impala-an Open Source SQL Engine for Hadoop, the participants will be able to:
- Describe Impala and its role in Hadoop Eco-system
- Explain how to query data using impala SQL
- Discuss partitioning of Impala tables and explain its benefits
- List the factors affecting the performance of Impala
- Describe the complete flow of a SQL query execution in Impala.
After doing to this course you get an opportunity to work in highly rewarding big data projects and also gain knowledge about MPP data warehouse product. A good knowledge of SQL and familiar scripting languages, increases your career prospects in Big Data industry. According to payscale.com, the average salary for an entry-level SQL developer ranges around $60,000.
Why should you do this course?
Knowledge of Impala enables you to query data on big data in Apache Hadoop and skip the time-consuming steps of loading and reorganizing data. This course is specially designed to help professionals with the knowledge of Data base, SQL, data warehouse and other data base programing languages, to make a career transition into big data platform.
Who should do this course?
The target group of the Impala-an Open Source SQL Engine for Hadoop course includes, but is not restricted to:
- Data scientists
- Hadoop administrator and developers
- SQL developers
- Data warehouse developers
- Database administrators and developers
Exam & certification
What qualifications do you need?
Fundamental Knowledge of programming language and Hadoop components is the basic course prerequisite. However, participants are expected to have knowledge of SQL commands.
What do I need to do to unlock my Simplilearn certificate?
Complete 1 simulation test with a minimum score of 60%.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017