What’s the focus of this course?
Simplilearn’s Identity with Windows Server 2016 course is designed to impart in-depth understanding of how to deploy, configure, and implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment. You will also learn about Group Policy, how to implement GPO infrastructure, and manage user settings using GPOs.
Additionally, you will also develop skills to perform backup and restore, as well as monitor and troubleshoot AD-related issues with Windows Server 2016. This course teaches you how to deploy other AD server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
What are the course objectives?
This course will enable you to:
- Describe AD DS and its main components, describe the purpose of domain controllers and their roles, and describe the considerations for deploying domain controllers
- Manage user accounts, computer objects, and computer objects in AD DS
- Learn how to use Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implement and manage OUs and administer AD DS
- Understand the various components of advanced AD DS environment and learn to configure AD DS trusts
- Acquire skills to configure AD DS sites to help optimize authentication and replication traffic and configure and monitor AD DS replication
- Implement and administer GPOs as well as how to configure user setting using GPOs
- Secure domain controllers, implement account security, implement audit authentication, and configure managed service accounts (MSAs)
- Deploy, administer, and maintain CAs
- Manage certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery; learn to use certificates in a business environment and implement and manage smart cards
- Implement and administer AD FS, Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), and implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD
The course is suitable for existing IT professionals with a basic understanding and experience of AD DS who are looking to expand their expertise and knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. The course is best suited for:
- AD DS administrators looking for training in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge looking to enhance their knowledge on AD DS and related technologies
- Candidates aspiring to pass Microsoft’s Identity with Windows Server 2016 exam
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Ideally, the candidate should have:
- A basic understanding of and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- A practical understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- A practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts
- Basic understanding of security best practices
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017