- 12.5 hours of self-paced learning
- 10 end of chapter quizzes
- 2 sample test papers
- Exam fee included
What’s the focus of this course?
The Service Design (SD) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle category of the ITIL® Intermediate level. The certification demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of good practices in the design of IT services, processes, and other aspects of IT service management.
Simplilearn’s training programme for the ITIL® Intermediate SD Module includes both online and classroom training. The courseware has been approved by APMG and CSME and includes quizzes and sample test papers.
The Service Design module focuses on the design of IT services, covering the architectures, processes, policies and documentation. This enables candidates to design services, hence meeting the needs of the organization.
Why is the certification most sought-after?
Currently in its third version, ITIL® is the world’s most widely-used IT service management framework and is based on global best practices in IT service management. ITIL® enables organizations to:
- Increase productivity
- Optimize costs
- Improve customer experience
- Find a common language for service management
- Gain a competitive edge
- Build customer trust in the organization
ITIL® qualifications set international benchmarks of quality for IT professionals all over the world. Professionals taking up ITIL® training are encouraged to come up with new ideas and approaches to improve customer satisfaction. They learn to contribute effectively to service delivery in the organization. The value of ITIL® has increased sharply in recent years and an ITIL® certification is fast becoming an entry requirement for a majority of IT-based roles.
Certified professionals in this field are in constant demand, there are currently more than 5000 certified professionals around the world. Certified professionals can expect job roles such as Capacity Manager, Availability Manager, Service Level Manager, Business Continuity Manager, and Service Portfolio Manager.
What are the course objectives?
At the end of Simplilearn’s training in ITIL® Intermediate SD training, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes in service design
- Identify technology-related activities and considerations in service design
- Identify how to organize, implement and improve service design
- Identify challenges, critical success factors and risks
An ITIL® certifications helps IT professionals add weight to their profile and typically earn 40% more compared to their non-certified peers. The SD module of the ITIL® Intermediate Level enables candidates to:
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes of service design
- Identify how to organize and implement design as part of overall service management
- Understand the use of leading edge IT capabilities to provide the best service and maximize value to the organization
- Identify how service design relates to other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle
The ITIL® Service Design qualification demonstrates the IT professional’s ability to frame consistent service design practices to improve the alignment of IT with the overall business and user needs. According to recent surveys by payscale.com, the average annual salary of the certified professionals in this field ranges from $80,000 to $90,000.
Who should take this course?
The following categories of professionals can take up the ITIL® Service Design qualification:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Service Designers
- IT Architects
- IT Planners
- IT Consultants
- IT Audit Managers
- IT Security Managers
This qualification is also best suited for profiles such as:
- ITSM® (IT Service Management) trainers,
- IT professionals working in a service design environment,
- ITIL® Foundation certified individuals wanting to advance to higher levels in ITIL®, and
- Individuals requiring an in-depth knowledge of the ITIL® service design stage of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The SD module can be one of the prerequisites for the ITIL® Expert and Master Levels in IT Service Management.
Exam & certification
How will I become a ITIL® Intermediate SD certified?
The Service Design qualification can only be taken as part of an accredited training course. To be eligible for the ITIL® Intermediate Module – Service Design qualification, the following requirements have to be met:
- A minimum 21 hours of instruction with an Accredited Training Organization (or an accredited e-learning solution)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Two years of experience in the field of IT is highly desirable. Candidates should also spend some time reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL® Service Design publication to prepare for the exam.
What do I need to do to unlock my Simplilearn certificate?
Complete 85% of the course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 10, 2017