- 8 hours of self-paced learning
- 10 end of chapter quizzes
- 2 sample test papers
- Exam fee included
What’s the focus of this course?
The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) Certificate is a freestanding qualification, and is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL® Certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimization is intended to enable candidates to apply PPO practices during the service management lifecycle and specifically in the following key ITIL® process and role areas:
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- IT service continuity management (ITSCM)
- Information security management
- Demand management
Simplilearn brings ITIL® Intermediate PPO certification training that allows one to prepare for the ITIL® PPO exam in the comfort of their own place and/or in a Classroom learning environment.
Why is the certification most sought-after?
ITIL® Intermediate PPO Certification is an intermediate level certification offered to professionals who qualify the ITIL® PPO exam. The ITIL® Intermediate Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) certification demonstrates one’s specialization in ITIL® service capability modules and expertise in applying PPO practices to ensure that new and updated services, service management systems and tools, technology architecture, processes and measurement systems, methods and metrics are designed to meet user needs and can be sustained once introduced. ITIL® Intermediate PPO certification establishes one’s knowledge of processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization in the global market.
More than 10000 professionals have reaped the benefits of being certified in the ITIL® PPO module. Also, the global demand for certified professionals is increasing at a faster pace.
Simplilearn is accredited by APMG and TUV as an ITIL® Foundation and Intermediate Training provider. Simplilearn is also an Accredited Examination Centre (AEC) by APMG, TUV and EXIN.
What are the course objectives?
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas upon successful completion of the training and exam components related to our ITIL® Intermediate PPO Certification Training:
- Service design in PPO and the service lifecycle context
- Processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization
- Capacity management as a capability to realize successful service design
- Availability management as a capability to realize successful service design
- IT service continuity management as a capability to support overall business continuity management
- Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, protection and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Organizational roles relevant to PPO
Simplilearn’s ITIL® Intermediate PPO course provides a complete management-level overview of PPO including all its related activities.
As per some of the leading job websites, ITIL® Intermediate PPO Certification is a pre-requisite for many key roles in the IT sector. Certified professionals can expect different roles such as Information Security Manager, Capacity Manager, and ITSCM Manager.
The demand for certified professionals in the PPO module of ITIL® is growing enormously in the global market. They are highly paid for their skills and expertise, and their pay scale varies greatly from their non-certified peers. According to recent surveys by payscale.com, certified professionals in this field are paid the median annual salary of $100,000.
Who should take this course?
The target group of the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate includes, but is not restricted to IT professionals, business managers, and business process owners. This qualification can also be taken by the following:
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of how the ITIL® Certificate in the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
- IT professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL®, and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programme.
- Operational staff involved in capacity management, availability management, ITSCM, information security management, and demand management, and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL® Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert qualification is a prerequisite.
Exam & certification
How will I become a ITIL Intermediate PPO certified?
ITIL Intermediate exam is governed by APMG, EXIN and CSME. Professionals require 28 hours of professional training before attending exam on ITIL Intermediate capability modules. The exam fee for ITIL Intermediate exam is different as per governing bodies.
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Configuration Manager, Availability Manager, System Software, Applications Support, IT Operations Manager, Network Control and Operation, Database Administrator, Problem Manager, Network Support etc. are ideal participants for ITIL® Intermediate PPO certification.
What do I need to do to unlock my Simplilearn certificate?
Complete 85% of the course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017