During the coronavirus pandemic, we are teaching the course online. Student and staff safety is our number one priority. We will not open until we are sure it is safe to do so and all the necessary measures, checks and requirements are in place.
English as a Foreign Language (EFL) - Online
Whether you want to develop a basic knowledge of the English language, get familiar with everyday expressions or want to understand complex English text and abstract topics, English as a Foreign Language (EFL) - Online has a lot to offer in order to help you develop your English. With English classes covering a variety of topics, it is the perfect course to learn and improve English whilst discovering British culture.
- You will develop a basic knowledge of the language, familiar everyday expressions and simple phrases. This level is equivalent to the Council of Europe Language Level A1.
- You will develop your skills to become familiar with frequently used expressions and conversation on routine matters. This level is equivalent to the Council of Europe Language Level A2.
- You will learn to understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure etc. This level is equivalent to the Council of Europe Language Level B1.
- You will be able to understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialisation. This level is equivalent to the Council of Europe Language. Level B2.
|Elementary Level||Pre-Intermediate Level|
|Intermediate Level||Upper-Intermediate Level|
- Continuous assessment e.g. end of the unit/end of the term assessment
- Optional external examination
What can I do after I finish the English as a Foreign Language (EFL) - Online?
Students will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the English as a Foreign Language (EFL) - Online course.
There are a lot of pathways available to students after completing the English as a Foreign Language (EFL) - Online course. Some students achieve a high IELTS score and go to universities, other students pass Cambridge or Trinity exams and return to their country to find work or continue their studies.
Sheffield College can offer advice regarding study and work possibilities for international students after their study.
A good level of English is essential to study at University in the UK, as well as in other countries. Achieving a high level of English will also help students apply for work at international companies.
The pricing structure for this course varies depending on the length of study and nationality.
- £220 per week (2-14 weeks study)
- £200 per week (15-33 weeks study)
- £250 per week (2-14 weeks study)
- £230 per week (15-33 week study)
Fees are payable in full before the start of the course.
Please note that course fees do not include the costs of examinations with Trinity, Cambridge or IELTS - these must be booked by the student. Please note that examination fees may vary from £100-£200 depending on the awarding body.
- Enrolment takes place every Monday at 10 am (during term time).
- Students can expect to study 4 days per week - your timetable will be confirmed at enrolment. Classes will be delivered online.
Applying for one of our International ONLINE courses is simple and our International Team provides support along the process.
- Step 1
Decide when you want to start your course.
- Step 2
Fill in the application form and email it to us with a copy of your passport.
For the students who will join when we will reopen the campus, we will provide assistance in obtaining a study visa and find suitable accommodation.
About the School
Welcome to The Sheffield College! The Sheffield College welcomes International Students! On this website you can find all the information you need about coming to study with us! From course informatio ... Read More