- 30+ hours of self-paced videos
- Covers 6 domains required to become an IT security professional
- Includes 2 practice tests
What’s the focus of this course? Simplilearn’s training in CompTIA Security+ SYO-401 arms IT technicians with the necessary knowledge to secure a network and manage risk, access control, cryptography along with other relevant IT security concepts. Participants at the end of the training are validated of their skills in information security which is one of the fastest progressing verticals in IT. Why is the certification most sought-after? CompTIA Security+ SYO-401 certification is widely in demand globally, as it accelerates professionals to leap high in the technology vertical. Apart from this, there are several reasons why one should go for this certification. According to a CompTIA study:
- 86% of hiring managers said that IT certifications were of high priority while evaluating a candidate.
- 53% of IT recruiters said the job of evaluating certified candidates were much easier as it saved them time and money.
- Organizations that have a high number of certified help desk staff on board, can handle 11 % more phone calls and 28 % more field service calls than organizations with less number of certified staff.
- CompTIA certifications are a stamp of approval of a candidate’s fundamental knowledge and skillset required for IT jobs. This eases the hiring process considerably as the credentials are linked to specific job roles.
- Organizations understand the value of a CompTIA certified candidate.
- CompTIA certifications are highly acclaimed in the IT industry and potential employers from Fortune 500 companies look for professionals with CompTIA credential.
What are the career benefits in-store for you? According to Indeed.com, CompTIA Security+ SYO-401 certified professionals earn an average of $55000 and have a wide scope to grow in their careers. They are most sought –after in top organizations like Hitachi Information Systems (Japan), Prestariang Systems Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) and U.S. government contractors such as CSC, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman. Who should take this course? The course is ideal for professionals in the role of a Security Engineer, Security Consultant, Network Administrator or an IA Technician or Manager.
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification? There are no specific prerequisites to take up this certification but it is recommended that individuals take the Network+ certification before taking the Security+ SYO-401 exam. How do I become a CompTIA Security+ SYO-401 certified? Candidates who want to be CompTIA Security+ SYO-401 certified must pass the SY0-401 exam. The exam consists of: Maximum of 90 questions Duration of the exam is 90 minutes The minimum passing score is 750. What do I need to do to unlock my certificate? Complete 1 simulation test with a minimum score of 60%.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 24, 2017