What are the objectives of this course?
The course provides you with all the knowledge you’ll need to pass the latest version of the CompTIA Network+ exam – N10-006. Live Labs are included and are seen as an essential learning resource for students as it allows them to test their knowledge and skills in practice exercises and environments without the need to invest in a costly test lab of their own.
- Introduction to networking
- Networking Standards – OSI/RM and IEEE Network Standards
- Physical network cable types and the situation in which they would be deployed.
- Understanding of TCP/IP – IPv4, IPv6, subnets and IP addressing
- Network Devices
- Building Wide Area Networks (WANs) and the correct topology to use for specific networking context.
- Introduction to Remote Networking, authenticating remote connections and understanding Virtual Private Networks.
- Planning network security, how to identify threats and vulnerabilities and how to protect the network from those threats.
- Maintaining business continuity and virtualization and cloud computing to help build a scalable high-performance network.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting networks.
Who is it intended for?
This course is for anyone who is looking to gain fundamental knowledge of IT networking and is invaluable for anyone looking to get started in the industry.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Once you have completed the Network+ course and become qualified by passing the examinations, you will be able to function in network support or administration roles. You can also go on to study further IT qualifications that suit your career development needs.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.