What’s the focus of this course?
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is meant for IT professionals seeking knowledge and understanding of the governance and management of enterprise IT. It is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. The COBIT® 5 Foundation course offered by Simplilearn includes 6 lessons that cover the 5 principles and 7 enablers that form the basis of the COBIT® 5 business framework. Additionally, there are real-life scenarios and quizzes to supplant the training.
On completing the COBIT® 5 Foundation course, you will be able to:
- Take up the COBIT® 5 Foundation exam and earn a COBIT 5 certificate
- Understand the IT management issues in your organization/enterprise and implement COBIT® to respond to those challenges
- Put into practice the knowledge you get from the COBIT® 5 framework, and recommend applications of COBIT® for enterprise-wide projects
- Take up advanced COBIT® 5 courses and their exams such as:
- COBIT® 5 Implementation - to master the governance of enterprise IT based on a continual improvement lifecycle; and
- COBIT® 5 Assessment - to be able to perform formal process capability assessments.
COBIT® 5 is the only business framework for governance and management of enterprise IT from ISACA®, the creators of the COBIT® 5 framework.
ISACA as well as APMG, a leading certification body that facilitates the COBIT® 5 exam, note that COBIT® 5 provides an end-to-end business perspective of the governance of enterprise IT, which reflects the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises. The framework incorporates thought leadership and guidance from business, IT, and governance experts around the world.
The content covered in Simplilearn’s COBIT® 5 Foundation course is extensive and is based on the COBIT® 5 business framework for governance and management of enterprise IT, with explanation and evaluation of real-life scenarios, illustrated concepts, and interactive quizzes.
What are the course objectives?
At the end of the Simplilearn’s COBIT® 5 Foundation course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT – Learn value creation for enterprises
- Relate to the COBIT® framework concepts and understand its use with other standards and best practices – Understand the five principles and seven enablers along with the importance of good practices for better governance and management
- Understand better the IT management issues that are affecting organizations—learn about pain points and trigger events that organizations experience
- Learn and understand more about the functions that COBIT® provides and the benefits of using COBIT®— learn about the various governance and management processes and the process reference model
- Implement COBIT® in practical situations for issues that generally occur in enterprises-Understand the concepts of process capability assessments and how various processes may be improved through the Seven-stage Lifecycle approach
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is the stepping stone to enhance the knowledge of IT Professionals and perform implementations and assessment of the framework within their organizations. This course definitely aids candidates in shaping their career through value addition and process improvements that they will have to demonstrate or bring about in their roles within the enterprise. Implementation usually leads to recognition, respect, and growth in career. After completing this course, you will be eligible to become an IT auditor, IT quality professional, and IT developer – among others.
In India, COBIT® has been recognized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). It has been adopted by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG). Among the leading private banks, HDFC has adopted COBIT®, and a case study on its implementation is also available on the official COBIT® 5 website.
Many other Asian countries such as the Philippines and the UAE have adopted and accepted COBIT® for their Audit Institutions or Finance audit departments for government agencies and government organizations.
In North America, South America, Australia and Europe, COBIT® is widely adopted and used in various multinational companies, government departments and financial institutions for audits and assessments. A comprehensive list is available on the COBIT® 5 website.
Professionals certified in COBIT® 5 can earn an average monthly salary that ranges between $112,000 and $122,000.
Who should take this course?
IT professionals such as IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leaders, IT developers, process practitioners, and managers in IT service-providing firms (or IT service-providing departments of any firm) will find this course helpful in advancing their career.
Exam & certification
How do you become a certified COBIT 5 professional?
- To pass the COBIT® 5 Foundation exam, the candidate should have thorough knowledge of the five COBIT® 5 principles, the seven COBIT® 5 enablers, and the seven-phase implementation lifecycle. They should also know about the process capability assessment knowledge area.
- One must possess the experience in IT Service providing firms and should have donned various roles in Enterprise IT to be able to understand and relate to the concepts covered in the course. There is no other prerequisite for this course.
- The online or paper-based examination consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and requires a score of 50% or higher to pass, which means that at least 25 questions have to be answered correctly.
- Once the online examination is completed, a score with “Pass” or “Fail” is generated for the candidate to take a copy of the result. For the paper-based examination, please contact your Simplilearn coordinator for more details.
No formal qualification is required to take up this course or complete the exam, other than the experience and knowledge of IT service-providing firms or IT service-providing departments of any firm.
What do I need to do to unlock my Simplilearn certificate?
Complete 1 simulation test with a minimum score of 60%.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017