What are the objectives of this course?
The CIW Web Foundations Associate exam 1D0-610 lasts for 90 minutes and contains 90 questions across the three-course areas – Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate. In order to pass the exam, candidates need to achieve a score of 63.33%.
CIW Internet Business Associate
- Job roles in the IT industry.
- The infrastructure required to access the internet.
- Basic principles of Domain Name System (DNS).
- Web browser functions and features.
- Security issues related to internet clients.
- Principles of Personal Information Management (PIM).
- Ethical and legal issues faced by IT professionals.
- Important internet communication protocols and their roles in delivering internet services.
- Additional networking and internet services.
- Essential social networking and web 2.0 concepts.
- Ways to communicate effectively using the internet.
- CIW Site Development Associate
- Design and colours principles for web pages.
- Essential website navigation issues.
- Steps in the website planning and development process.
- Management, testing and legal issues in developing a website.
- Benefits and drawbacks of running your own web server using a service provider.
- Common strategies for managing an end-user’s experience.
- XML and identifying its features and appropriate use.
- Essential aspects of CSS.
- E-Commerce and related technologies.
- Concepts necessary to develop a secure, useful interface.
- The knowledge required to build a web page.
- Knowledge of languages commonly used to provide database connectivity to websites.
Network Technology Associate
- The role of networking hardware and how to configure it for operation.
- The relationship between IP addresses and domain names.
- The functions and components of servers commonly used on the internet.
- Common internet security and availability issues.
- Common performance issues affecting internet clients.
- Knowledge of basic data communications components.
- Technical knowledge of the internet.
- An understanding of virtualisation.
- Concepts involving personal privacy protection on the internet.
Who is it intended for?
This exam is aimed at anyone who has completed the CIW Foundations Associate course and wants to gain certification.
There are no official pre-requisites to sit the exam, but we do recommend students take the CIW Foundations Associate course before attempting.
What marks this course apart?
Students who take this course and pass the 1D0-610 examination will be able to go into roles such as web designer, web developer and front-end developer.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.