CIW is the most popular educational programme in the world for those serious about web design & development. The series of CIW certified courses are written by professionals within the industry. CIW courses are completed using leading technology rather than a single specific piece of software. The foundation series of courses offer the opportunity to master more than digital literacy skills.
Certified CIW Associates possess the basic hands-on skills and knowledge that Internet professionals are expected to understand and use. Foundational skills include basic knowledge of Internet technologies, network infrastructure, and Web authoring using XHTML.
- Qualification: CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Foundations Associate
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 3
- Awarding Body: CIW
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 180 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: 30
Book 1: Internet Business Associate
- Cloud computing and mobile devices
- Social networking - wikis, folksonomies, Webcasting, blogging and podcasting
- Web conferencing software
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- FTP and Secure Shell
- Online security and safety practices
Book 2: Site development associate
- Fundamental Website development
- Web design for mobile devices
- Site development for business
- Hyperlinks, image techniques and video editing
Book 3: Network technology associate
- Networking, wireless and mobile devices
- TCP/IP, SaaS and BYOD
- Internetworking and analytics
- Convergence technologies and virtualization
- Network security and computer forensics
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC running windows and the internet for the duration of the whole course - Not suitable for Mac
- Basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 180. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month support period. Please note: CIW does not provide students with additional time to complete. Extensions are not available for this course.
Students are able to complete their course purely online through the CIW student portal. This will be accompanied by course lessons issued in PDF format (Ebook). PDF is not printable.
If you prefer you can choose to receive a hard copy of the course lessons/books via the post at an additional cost. Contact us for details.
Students can expect to receive access to the CIW portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018