Target audience: Web authors, marketing and communications professionals, PR professionals, Webmasters, graphic designers, desktop designers, technical writers, and library scientists.
- Qualification: CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Web Development Professional
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 3
- Awarding Body: CIW
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 300 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: 30
- Website implementation, including authoring and scripting, Web content creation, Web management and digital media tools
CIW Perl Specialist
The CIW Perl Specialist course shows developers how to fully use the features of the Perl programming language in Web application development. These specialised Web language skills can help you begin or grow a career in advanced Web development.
- Perl language essentials, including syntax, regular expressions and data types.
- Perl code development, including accessing and manipulating files.
- Website implementation, including database connectivity and debugging techniques.
CIW Database Design Specialist
The CIW Database Design Specialist course provides introductory vendor-neutral training for individuals planning to pursue product-focused database specialisation. This course introduces you to DB2, Oracle Database 11g, MS SQL and MySQL. Candidates will learn about Structured Query Language (SQL) and database optimisation through normalisation.
- Relational database fundamentals.
- Database planning.
- Database design methodology, including logical and physical database design.
- Optimisation and normalisation.
- Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Relational algebra.
- Transactions and database security.
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
We recommend students taking this course possess a good understanding of HTML.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 300. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month support period. Please note: CIW does not provide students with additional time to complete. Extensions are not available for this course.
Students are able to complete their course purely online through the CIW student portal. This will be accompanied by course lessons issued in PDF format (Ebook). PDF is not printable
If you prefer you can choose to receive a hard copy of the course lessons/books via the post at an additional cost. Contact us for details
Students can expect to receive access to the CIW portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
About the School
Whatever your goal and personal ambitions UK Open College are able to provide a totally flexible method of learning to students on an international scale. By completing an onliine course the possibili ... Read More