What are the objectives of this course?
This course from CIW will teach students the basics of web authoring by exploring the essentials of web design.
- Website development essentials – everything from the website development process and the standards customers expect, to legal and ethical issues surrounding web development.
- Understanding the importance of key web design elements: usability, navigation, and accessibility.
- Basic, but modern, web technologies of today – Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Extensible HTML (XHTML) and extended technologies, image files, site development applications and site publishing and maintenance.
- Advanced web technologies – multimedia, plug-in technology tools, web databases and client-side and server-side technologies.
- Navigation and use of web design production tools like Microsoft Expressions Web, Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Flash.
- Gain a thorough understanding of current issues relating to web design including website accessibility, compatibility of design tools and functionality of current web browsers.
Who is it intended for?
This course is ideal for beginners to web design as it is specifically equipped for those with little to no background in the industry.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Once you have completed this course you will be able to take the relevant exam, 1D0-520. This course also prepares students for other CIW courses that go hand-in-hand in progression such as Site Development Associate. Students who pass this course can function in roles such as web developer, web designer, and web content specialist.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.