What are the objectives of this course?
Networking and internet security continue to grow in importance and this course gives students the ability to understand the key concepts of these exponentially crucial elements of the business.
- Essential networking technologies and skills, including TCP/IP, stable network creation, wireless networking and network troubleshooting.
- Various network components and protocols that enable users to share data quickly and easily.
- Various types of transmission media and the ways that network architecture and topologies provide for efficient and secure communication.
- Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and its relationship to packet creation, plus the OSI model vs. the internet architecture model.
- Functions and features of internetworking server types and the benefits of implementing a Content Management System (CMS).
- Basic hardware and operating system maintenance procedures
- Mobile computing devices and the importance of RFC documents.
- Routing, IP addressing, IP address classes and subnet masks.
- Essential network security concepts, internet-based challenges facing today’s users and methods you can use to secure network and network transmissions, including authentication, encryption, and firewalls.
Who is it intended for?
Anyone who is looking to master the fundamentals of computer networking, whether that be to upskill professionally or personally.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Once you have taken this course, you will be eligible to sit the CIW – Network Technology Associate exam (1D0-61C). Students who pass this course can usually function in roles such as network support, support specialist, and network technician.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.