To stand out as an increasingly valuable member of a Web or marketing team, you need a working knowledge of e-commerce standards. The E-Commerce Strategies and Practices course are for the individual who already understands the foundations of Web technologies and wants to become proficient in e-commerce practices and site design.
Target audience: Web designers, Internet consultants, IT professionals, Marketing professionals, Web and graphic artists & Business professionals
- Qualification: CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) E-Commerce Specialist
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 4
- Awarding Body: CIW
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 140 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: 20
Unit 1: Be able to host a functional e-commerce site
- Analyse site requirements
- Implement a functional e-commerce site
- Implement web-based e-learning resources
- Manage an online database
- Install and manage online payment service
- Administer a knowledge base
Unit 2: Be able to support supplier transactions
- Manage internet transactions
- Manage web server technology
- Evaluate & optimise site performance
- Implement & support secure transactions
- Manage site security & data privacy
Unit 3: Understand legal & ethical marketing
- Evaluate and implement brand awareness resources
- Review legal and intellectual property issues
- Plan & implement e-commerce marketing
- Manage customer services
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC running windows and the internet for the duration of the whole course - Not suitable for Mac
- Students taking this course need a basic understanding of Internet functionality and tools, and X/HTML
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 140. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month support period. Please note: CIW does not provide students with additional time to complete. Extensions are not available for this course.
Students are able to complete their course purely online through the CIW student portal. This will be accompanied by course lessons issued in PDF format (Ebook). PDF is not printable
If you prefer you can choose to receive a hard copy of the course lessons/books via the post at an additional cost. Contact us for details
Students can expect to receive access to the CIW portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
About the School
Whatever your goal and personal ambitions UK Open College are able to provide a totally flexible method of learning to students on an international scale. By completing an onliine course the possibili ... Read More