What are the objectives of this course?
The F2 Financial Management course is one of the management level trios of courses towards the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification.
- Learn how to prepare fully consolidated financial statements for single companies and groups.
- Understand the principles of accounting for capital schemes and look at foreign exchange rates and the changes that can occur, including the difference between the closing rate and historical rate methods.
- Learn how the principles of accounting can be related to accounting issues of contemporary interest, including the problems endured by profit measurement, circumstances when hedge financing and amortised cost are appropriate, and issues concerning pension schemes.
- Learn how to produce a ratio analysis from financial statements and their supporting documents, which includes the interpretation of accounting ratios and the limitations of this type of analysis, such as the comparability of businesses and accounting policies.
- Learn how to analyse the financial statements, including how to evaluate performance and position, based on the information found in the statements.
- Get to grips with contemporary developments in financial and non-financial reporting, including the convergence of IFRS and US GAAP (as well as understanding the differences that they possess), environmental and social accounting issues and human resource accounting.
Who is it intended for?
This course will be very beneficial to you if you want to add financial management skills to your CV or portfolio of skills.
Students will need to have first attained the CIMA Operational qualifications before they can move on to the CIMA Management Level training.
What marks this course apart?
As a qualified Management Accountant, you can expect to earn a salary around £32K with further prospects leading to Financial Controller, Finance Director, and Finance Manager.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.