CACHE accredited “Childcare & Education” level 3 course is suitable for all students looking for an introduction to the childcare sector. The course provided in partnership with UK Distance Learning & Publishing is aimed at students looking to enter the early years and childcare sector. This course will also prepare students for the certificate and diploma courses. No experience of working with children is required to enrol in this course. Fully recognised & accepted by OFSTED.
The course provides the perfect stepping stone for further studies at a later date if required.
- Qualification: Level 3 Award in Childcare & Education (VRQ)
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 3
- Awarding Body: CACHE
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 180 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- UCAS points: 15
- Unit 1: Child Development from Conception to 7 Years
- Unit 2: Children's Health and Well Being
- Understand development from conception to birth and routine screening programmes in the first year of life.
- Understand stages and sequences of development from birth to seven years
- Understand theory and educational frameworks which inform knowledge and understanding of early years practice.
- Understand the role of the early years' practitioner when promoting child development from birth to seven years.
- Understand how to plan opportunities for children’s learning and development from birth to five years.
- Understand children’s needs in relation to emotional well-being.
- Understand the needs of children during transition and significant events.
- Understand the physical care needs of children.
- Understand the impact of the early years' environment on the health and well-being of children.
- Understand the nutritional needs of children.
- Understand the impact of poor diet on children’s health and well-being.
- Understand children’s need for exercise.
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria: Be aged 16 Years or above Possess a solid knowledge of the English language Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course Basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc Have a genuine desire to succeed Students do not require a placement or any previous knowledge of working with children to complete this course.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 180. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely. We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic! Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side. Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month tuition period. If you require additional time an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed.
This course is supplied in paper format and will be delivered directly to your chosen address. Students are able to complete their course assignments using a word processing programme and email them direct to the tutor. Once received tutors will reply to you directly. We do not accept course assignments via post. Students can normally expect to receive delivery of their course materials via courier within 3 working days of enrolment being received. However, we would ask you to allow 7 working days.
About the School
Whatever your goal and personal ambitions UK Open College are able to provide a totally flexible method of learning to students on an international scale. By completing an onliine course the possibili ... Read More