- 12 hours of self-paced video
- 2 hands-on industry-based project on healthcare & e-commerce domains
- Includes training on business intelligence using Power BI
- 8 practical exercises
- Downloadable e-book
What is this course about? Business Analytics with excel training has been designed to help initiate you to the world of analytics. For this we use the most commonly used analytics tool i.e. Microsoft Excel. The training will equip you with all the concepts and hard skills required to kick-start your analytics career. If you already have some experience in the IT or any core industry, this course will quickly teach you how to understand data and make data-driven decisions relative to your domain using Microsoft Excel. For a new-comer to the analytics field, this course provides the best required foundation. The training also delves into statistical concepts which are important to derive the best insights from available data and to present the same using executive level dashboards. Finally we introduce Power BI, which is the latest and the best tool provided by Microsoft for analytics and data visualization. What are the course objectives? With Simplilearn’s training on Business Analytics with Excel, you will be able to -
- Understand what business analytics means and its importance in industry
- Grasp fundamentals of excel analytics functions and conditional formatting
- Learn how to analyse with complex datasets using pivot tables and slicers
- Solve stochastic and deterministic analytical problems using tools like scenario manager, solver and goal seek
- Apply statistical tools and concepts like moving average, hypothesis testing, ANOVA and regression to datasets using excel
- Represent your findings using charts and dashboards
- Get introduced to the latest Microsoft analytic and visualization tools i.e. Power BI
Who should do this course? The Business Analytics with excel is a great course for both beginners and experienced professionals who are uninitiated to or have recently stepped into the field of analytics. This course is beneficial for
- IT developers & testers
- Data analysts
- Junior Data scientists
- Analytics Professionals
- BI and reporting professionals
- Project managers
- Professionals working with data in any industry
What is prerequisite for this course? There are no prerequisites for this course other than an analytical bent of mind. We do expect the participants to have a basic knowledge of working with Microsoft Excel. What projects will you be working on? Project 1 (Submission and Evaluation) - ECommerce The Analytics team of an Online E-Commerce Company wants to design a Sales dashboard to analyze the sales based on various product categories. The company wants to add user control for product category, so users can select a category and can see the trend month-wise and product-wise accordingly. The Analytics team also wants to create a histogram to analyze number of shipping days. Project 2 (Practice) – Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare The Analytics team of a pharmaceutical company wants to design a dashboard to analyze the sales of products across various regions and brands. It wants to create a chart with User control functionality, so users can easily see the total Sales and “commission of external agents” categorized by brands and region.
Exam & certification
How to get certified in Business Analytics with Excel? In order to get certified in Business Analytics with excel, the participant must complete and submit the evaluation project. On successful evaluation, the participant will receive the certification. How will you do the projects?
- Problem statements along with Data points are provided in the Learning Management System.
- On the completion of the course, you have to submit the project which will be evaluated by the trainer. On the successful evaluation of the project and completion of the online exam, you will get a certification in Business Analytics using Excel from Simplilearn.
What do I need to do to unlock my Simplilearn certificate?
- Complete 1 project.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 22, 2017