What’s the focus of this course?
Simplilearn’s Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell® course is designed to impart in-depth understanding and skills to use PowerShell for Windows Server administration (automated or otherwise). You will learn how to write and run commands in Windows PowerShell, work with pipelines, use WMI and CIM, manage multiple remote computers, and you also be introduced advanced PowerShell techniques.
What are the course objectives?
This course will enable you to:
- Find, learn and run commands in Windows PowerShell
- Work with pipeline including sorting, filtering and enumerating objects
- Pass data in pipeline using ByValue and ByPropertyName technique
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives
- Format command output and create custom output elements
- Query data and make changes using WMI and CIM
- Create, use, and manage variables as well as configure shell scripting security
- Configure and use remoting to manage multiple remote computers
- Using profiles and advanced PowerShell techniques
The course is best suited for IT professionals who have general Windows Server and Windows Client administration experience, and are looking to expand their skills to include automating administrative work using PowerShell.
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Ideally, the candidate should have:
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Windows Client management
- Prior experience in installing and configuring Windows
- Working knowledge of network adapter configuration
- Foundational understanding of Active Directory user administration, and disk configuration
- Prior experience with Windows Server 2012/Windows Server 2012 R2
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017