What are the objectives of this course?
The Foundation stage will take students through basic and advanced principles that make up the Agile methodology:
- The concepts, benefits and risks.
- The philosophy, approach and principles.
- Understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products.
- Recruiting or assembling appropriate project teams.
- How to plan and run a facilitated workshop.
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution to ensure the correct development path is being followed.
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements for deliverables.
- Create a timeboxed plan.
- Understanding the importance of negotiation and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- How to set up and manage an Agile project.
The Practitioner stage will then take students through how to implement Agile into a practical project environment:
- Overseeing products and deliverables and properly assigning responsibility to management, business and technical departments.
- Structuring and empowering project teams.
- Using MoSCoW prioritisation to ensure deliverables are completed in the correct order.
- Advanced estimating, measurement and configuration considerations for successful Agile management.
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for deliverables.
- Implementing quality control.
- Preparing for the future by considering maintainability and scalability during planning.
Who is it intended for?
The course is suited to experienced project managers who need to cross-train into Agile disciplines, or would-be project managers looking to learn a formal project management methodology. It is perfect for project managers in a software development environment.
What marks this course apart?
Professionals with the Agile Certification are in hot demand at the moment and usually have job titles such as project manager, software development manager or IT project manager. These roles usually come with a salary of £50,000. Agile also goes hand-in-hand with other project management methodologies.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: