This course covers the brand new spec introduced in September 2015. UK Open College is pleased to offer the opportunity to study A-level English Language and Literature as specified by Edexcel. The A-level aims to encourage candidates:
- To use integrated linguistic and literary approaches in their reading and interpretation of texts;
- To engage creatively and independently with a wide range of spoken, written and multimodal texts, exploring the relationship between texts;
- To undertake independent and sustained studies to develop their skills as producers and interpreters of language
- Qualification: A Level English Literature & English (9ELO)
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: Edexcel
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 700 Hours - 2 years support
- UCAS Points: Dependant on Grades
Component 1: Voices in speech and writing
- Voices in Speech and Writing: An Anthology
- Arthur Miller, All My Son
Component 2: Varieties in language and literature
- Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
- Angela Carter, The Bloody Chamber
Component 3: Coursework
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
- Wendy Jones, Grayson Perry: A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Girl
Minimum of GCSE grade C or above.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 700. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side. Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual.
Students are able to select how they wish to study.
- Paper-based: Receive your course pack in the post in hard copy and correspond directly with your tutor via email.
- Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. Whichever way you choose to study is up to you!
Program taught in: