Find out how to stay ethical, compliant and professional in the construction industry, with this free online course from the CIOB.
Why join the course?
Some of the largest construction firms in the world have faced the prospect of multi-million fines for significant breaches of ethics and compliance recently – from bribery and collusion to modern slavery.
Ethics is defined as a set of moral principles that govern a person’s behaviour or the conducting of an activity, but what does that mean for an individual or an organisation working in construction?
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding ethics and its definition
- How values and behaviour drive ethical decision making
- Values in a global context
- Being professional and ethical
- Law and compliance
- Ethics in organisations
- Ethics in the context of construction projects
- Methods for ethical decisions and dilemmas
- Ethical leadership
- Conflicts of interest and managing risk
Who is this accredited by?
The CPD Certification Service: This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Define ethics.
- Discuss ethical challenges in the construction industry.
- Apply methods for decision making when faced with an ethical dilemma.
- Develop understanding and awareness of personal values.
- Assess company ethics policy, its key parts, and company values.
- Explore legal and compliance requirements in construction.
- Describe professionalism in construction.
- Evaluate ethical barriers and how to overcome them.
- Recognising ethical leadership and cultures.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for everyone working in or studying construction. Whatever your level of experience, you will learn something new about ethics and compliance, and recognise your personal ethical standards.
Whether you are site-based, in a management, supervisory, procurement or technical role, or a teacher or trainer, this course will help you stay compliant, ethical and professional.
Who will you learn with?
I am a Business Coach and Trainer with over 20 years experience in the industry as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Project Manager and Risk Manager prior to starting my own company, Construction Coach.
Associate Director - Academy, and looking forward to participating with learners construction-related and broader topics of discussion.
Who developed the course?
Chartered Institute of Building Academy
Working with industry and for industry, CIOB Academy helps support your employees on their development paths and make sure your company meets industry demands now and in the future.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.