Improve your communication skills at work and learn how to navigate positive collaboration in the modern workplace.
This course is part of the Collaboration, Communication and Remote Working program, which will enable you to learn how to work and communicate efficiently in the modern workplace.
Discover useful communication strategies for the workplace
Whether we communicate from behind a screen or face to face, strong interpersonal skills allow us to share ideas, points of view, expertise, and information effectively.
On this course, you’ll discover the best communication strategies for effective workplace collaboration, and reflect on your own personal communication style.
You’ll learn the importance of matching your communication style with your work and project goals and learn how to manage and control challenging conversations.
What topics will you cover?
- Identifying your personal communications style.
- Exploring different communication platforms.
- Exploring your approach to communication.
- Applying your communication style in the workplace.
- Managing challenging conversations with positive outcomes.
- Demonstrating your communication skills.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 28 September 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify your personal communications style.
- Explore different communication platforms.
- Reflect on whether your communication is aligned to your goals.
- Apply your communication style in the workplace.
- Engage in challenging conversations with positive outcomes.
- Reflect on your personal style and technique.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices has evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
Who will you learn with?
Hi! I'm a Lead Educator for a few of the Future Learn courses. I'm a communications specialist and filmmaker. I'm also a certified integrative health coach and yoga teacher.
Who developed the course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
The University of Leeds is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course.
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes.
- Tests to validate your learning.
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible.
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.