Why Learn Digital Strategies For Business?
This course focuses on how managers can innovate new strategies and business models to enable their organization to thrive in the digital age. Case studies will feature both digital trailblazers as well as traditional enterprises that are adapting to the digital age.
Digital is the main reason half of the companies on the Fortune 500 have disappeared since the year 2000*PIERRE NANTERME, CEO OF ACCENTURE
USD 1300 Bn spend on Digital Transformation Technologies in 2018
Lacking digital skills is still among the top barriers to digital transformation
Your Learning Journey
- Module 1: 5 Domains Of Digital Transformation
- Module 2: Customer Networks And the New Path to Purchase
- Module 3: Understanding Digital Customer Behaviors
- Module 4: Platform Business Models
- Module 5: Coopetition, Disintermediation, And Asymmetric Competitors
- Module 6: Building Data As A Strategic Asset For Your Business
- Module 7: Big Data At Work: New Data, New Tools And Templates Of Value
- Module 8: Innovation Through Experimentation: AB Test And Minimum Viable Value
- Module 9: Translating The Lean Startup To Enterprise Scale Innovation
- Module 10: Adapting Your Value Proposition
- Module 11: Mastering Disruptive Business Models
- Module 12: Surviving Disruption: 6 Incumbent Responses To A Disruptive Challenger
- Module 13: Leadership And The Customer Value Imperative Frameworks
David RogersFaculty of Executive Education
David Rogers, is a globally-recognized leader on digital business strategy, known for his pioneering model of customer networks and his work on digital transformation. He is author of four books, including "The Network Is Your Customer", and his newest book, "The Digital Transformation Playbook: Rethink Your Business for the Digital Age".
Past Participant Profiles
Receive a verified digital certificate of participation from EMERITUS & Columbia Business School Executive Education upon successful course completion.
About the School
Our values define who we are, the people who we work with and the way we collaborate. They also encapsulate the behavior we seek in our students and alumni.