Learn how to work effectively and collaboratively with your team, whether you're at home or on the other side of the world.
This course is part of the Collaboration, Communication and Remote Working program, which will enable you to learn how to work and communicate efficiently in the modern workplace.
Discover project planning and collaboration tools for working remotely
Today, work happens in different locations and in less traditional ways. More of us than ever spend time working from home.
On this course, you’ll explore the challenges and benefits of remote working. You’ll consider different technologies for collaboration and get introduced to project management tools that can help to ease the difficulties of working remotely.
You’ll also develop practical planning skills as you learn to produce an action plan for successful remote working and get advice for starting to work remotely in the real world.
What topics will you cover?
- The challenges and opportunities of remote working.
- Preparing to work remotely.
- Creating a plan to work remotely.
- Managing time, workload and projects.
- Exploring tools and resources for working remotely.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 28 September 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of remote working.
- Explore the main requirements for successful remote working.
- Develop an action plan for successful remote working.
- Discuss strategies for effective collaborative working.
- Experiment with time and project management tools.
- Explore tools and resources to help you work remotely.
- Produce a detailed plan for successful remote working.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices has evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
Who will you learn with?
Sophie has worked with digital media for over 30 years both as an artist, producer and educator. She now works remotely from her home beside the sea.
Who developed the course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
The University of Leeds is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course.
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes.
- Tests to validate your learning.
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible.
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.