Successfully running a development finance institution or making decisions in such institutions requires a profound knowledge of accounting, because accounting is the language of business. This course will make you familiar with this language.
What we offer
- An interactive e-learning course including video lectures, PDF scripts, examples, practical exercises, self-assessment online tests, and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course-related issues as well as for the exchange of opinions and experiences with your classmates, tutors or the FSDF e-Campus team.
- Personalized support from your e-Campus team.
- Possibility to achieve a Frankfurt School certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
- An international network of institutions hosting our final exam all over the world.
The target group for the Certified Expert in Financial & Managerial Accounting is top managers, decision-makers, practitioners, consultants, and operational staff working at/for:
- MFIs and other financial institutions;
- Regulators and government authorities;
- Donor institutions;
- International Organizations
On successful completion of this course, you will have a thorough comprehension of the basic definitions, theories, and concepts of financial and managerial accounting., i.e. you will be able to:
- Describe theories and concepts of financial and managerial accounting
- The point at crucial accounting standards, choices, and discretion that leaders should be aware of
- Explain how the cost accounting choices influence the data presented to managers for planning and controlling, as well as for determining prices for products and services
- Be introduced to psychological aspects that should be considered in decision making, including deciding about performance measures and incentives
- Unit 1: Foundations
- Unit 2: Understanding IFRS Reports
- Unit 3: Financial Management & Analysis
- Unit 4: Basics of Cost Accounting
- Unit 5: Analysing Costs for Managerial Decision Making
- Unit 6: Behavioural Aspects of Accounting
The course takes approximately 6 months assuming 5-6 hours of self-study per week. It consists of 6 units that build upon each other. You will take the units in sequence and will need to pass an online multiple-choice test before accessing the next unit.
Unit 4 includes an assignment that you will need to submit at a fixed deadline.
You are not sure if you manage to complete the course within 6 months? No worries! You can apply for a course extension (6 more months) against an administrative fee.
Final exam fee: €50 (to be paid directly to the final exam host).
Certificate fee: After passing the final exam you will receive a digital certificate. Should you wish to receive a hard copy of your certificate as well, an administrative fee of €50 will be charged.
Please click here to register.
- 10% group discount (for 2 or more participants working for the same institution, informed to us before by an email)
- 10% Alumni discount
- For company packages, please contact us
- Bank Transfer (bank fees to be covered by participants)
- Credit Card
Payment in installments is unfortunately not possible.
*Subject to change
About the School
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is an AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited, research-led business school, covering every aspect of a business, management, banking, and finance.