The significant contribution that financial inclusion can make to achieving inclusive economic growth and the Sustainable Development Goals has gained global recognition.
This course will provide you with relevant knowledge on the following key financial inclusion policy areas – proportionate application of global standards, consumer protection, the digital route to financial inclusion, national strategies, measuring the impact of financial inclusion.
The course will help develop skills to develop and analyze policies and design strategies to implement them with a special focus on developing countries.
This online training is developed and implemented as a joint initiative between the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI). You will benefit from the world-class education experience of a top-ranked business school, combined with the expertise from the world`s leading organization for financial inclusion policymakers.
What we offer
- An interactive e-learning course including video lectures, PDF scripts, examples, practical exercises, online tests, and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course-related issues as well as for the exchange of opinions and experiences with, tutors, peers or the FSDF e-Campus team.
- Personalized support from your e-Campus team.
- The possibility to achieve a Frankfurt School certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
- An international network of institutions hosting our final exam all over the world.
Financial regulators, management and staff of financial service providers, both banks and non-banks, who are either working on developing regulations pertaining to financial inclusion or need to be aware of the regulatory aspects to help design and deliver financial services that promote financial inclusion. Consultants, professionals, and students from the financial inclusion domain will also benefit from the course by understanding the strategic and regulatory framework that promotes financial inclusion.
This course provides a broad understanding of the designing and implementation of financial regulatory frameworks. It covers in detail the following financial inclusion policy areas – proportionate application of global standards, consumer education and empowerment, national strategies that ensure a coordinated approach to financial inclusion, measuring the impact of financial inclusion. It also focuses on three core components that drive financial inclusion – financing of micro, small and medium enterprises, microfinance and microinsurance and taking the digital route to financial inclusion.
- Unit 1: Balancing Inclusion, Integrity, and Stability
- Unit 2: Consumer Empowerment and Market Conduct
- Unit 3: Financial Inclusion Strategies
- Unit 4: Measuring Financial Inclusion
- Unit 5: Financing Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Unit 6: Microcredit, Micro savings, and Microinsurance
- Unit 7: Digital Financial Services
The course takes approximately 6 months assuming 3-4 hours of self-study per week. It consists of 7 mandatory units. The units need to be completed in a sequence. The next unit opens only if you complete the online test of the previous unit.
Final exam fee: €50 (to be paid directly to the final exam host).
Certificate fee: After passing the final exam you will receive a digital certificate. Should you wish to receive a hard copy of your certificate as well, an administrative fee of €50 will be charged.
Please click here to register.
- The staff of the paid-up AFI member institutions is eligible for a discount of €300. Please contact AFI for further details on the discount, if required.
- 10% group discount (for 2 or mre participants working for the same institution, informed to us before by an email)
- 10% for FS Alumni
- For company package discounts, please contact us.
- Bank Transfer (bank fees to be covered by participants)
- Credit Card
Payment in installments is unfortunately not possible.
*Subject to change
About the School
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is an AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited, research-led business school, covering every aspect of a business, management, banking, and finance.