Digital finance offers a transformational solution for financial inclusion. Powered by the mobile phone, new data, and technological innovations, it has become affordable and convenient for unbanked customers to access and use formal banking services. While new technological developments and financial players bring tremendous opportunities, the emerging landscape is also becoming more complex and is putting increasing pressure on traditional providers to go digital.
In our new online course on Digital Finance, you will learn about the emerging digital landscape as well as the new market participants and products that have disrupted the market. By taking the course, you will be enabled to successfully deploy digital technologies in your institution and leverage digital financial services (DFS) in your target markets.
What we offer
- Seven units including video lectures, a PDF script laying the theoretical foundation, examples, practical exercises, online tests, and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course-related issues as well as for the exchange of opinions and experiences with peers, tutors, and the FSDF e-Campus team.
- Personalized support from your e-Campus.
- The option to obtain a Frankfurt School Certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
- An international network of institutions hosting our final exam all over the world.
Microfinance practitioners, MFI managers, consultants, donors, MNO's, Retail and SME banks, Fintechs, Regulators, and supervisors.
On successful completion of this course, participants will have a thorough understanding of principal concepts and theories in Digital finance, i.e. they will be able to:
- Understand the underlying technologies behind Digital Finance
- Understand the current trends in Digital Finance from all over the globe
- Differentiate between the different products available in digital finance
- Understand the regulatory landscape for digital finance services
- Build a customer-centric product
- Unit 1: The Digital Finance Ecosystem
- Unit 2: New Technologies
- Unit 3: Digital Payments and Remittances
- Unit 4: Digital Products beyond Payments / Savings, Credit and Insurance
- Unit 5: Strategic Management of Digital Financial Services
- Unit 6: Regulation and Supervision in Digital Finance (Elective)
- Unit 7: Customer-Centric Product Design (Elective)
The course takes approximately 6 months assuming 5-7 hours of self-study per week. It consists of 5 mandatory units which build upon each other. You will take the units in sequence and will need to pass an online multiple-choice test before accessing the next unit.
Some of the units include an assignment to be solved by a fixed deadline.
You are not sure if you manage to complete the course within 6 months? No worries! You can apply for a course extension (6 more months) against an administrative fee.
Final exam fee: €50 (to be paid directly to the final exam host).
Certificate fee: After passing the final exam you will receive a digital certificate. Should you wish to receive a hard copy of your certificate as well, an administrative fee of €50 will be charged.
Please click here to register.
- 10% group discount (for 2 or more participants working for the same institution, informed to us before by an email)
- 10% for FS Alumni
- For additional packages, please contact us
- Bank Transfer (bank fees to be covered by participants)
- Credit Card
Payment in installments is unfortunately not possible.
*Subject to change
About the School
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is an AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited, research-led business school, covering every aspect of a business, management, banking, and finance.