You are not required to submit a TOEFL exam result in order to apply and be admitted into the University.
The Certificate for Today's—and Tomorrow's—Business Leaders
CalSouthern's Certificate in Leadership is designed to provide current and future business leaders with the very specific knowledge and skills required to lead individuals, teams, and organizations in the 21st-century business economy.
The courses that comprise the certificate focus on leadership communication skills—both verbal and non-verbal—group dynamics and project management, as well as the latest theories and best practices in organizational leadership. It's a curriculum that's both comprehensive and practical—and it's continuously updated to ensure that it is current and relevant.
One enrolled, you will learn from dedicated, highly credentialed educators who are also practicing business professionals. Your faculty mentors will work with you on a one-to-one basis to help you apply what you learn to solve real-world business challenges.
Since the Certificate in Leadership is a pre-baccalaureate program, a college degree is not required for acceptance. And at 15 credit hours, you can earn your CalSouthern Certificate in Leadership in less than one year.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Leadership, students will receive:
- The official certificate of completion, issued by the CalSouthern Registrar’s Office and signed by the dean of the School of Business.
- 15 collegiate course credits—as documented on your official transcript—which can be applied toward your CalSouthern bachelor’s degree or transferred to another institution*.
- All the benefits, services and resources, available to CalSouthern alumni.
- A comprehensive understanding of contemporary business leadership theory and its practical application.
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Leadership is a 15-credit program, comprised of the following four required courses and the student’s choice of one of two available electives:
- LDR 2100 Foundations of Leadership - 3 Credits
- LDR 2125 Leadership Communication - 3 Credits
- LDR 2150 Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 Credits
- LDR 2460 Project Management Fundamentals and Leadership - 3 Credits
Elective Courses (Choose one from below)
- LDR 2480 Leadership Group Dynamics - 3 Credits
- LDR 2490 Nonverbal Communications in Leadership - 3 Credits
Getting started on your CalSouthern Certificate in Leadership is a quick and simple process. There are no entrance examinations and courses start monthly throughout the year; you can begin your program as soon as your schedule permits. Just complete these four steps:
- Complete your enrollment application.
- Complete and sign an attestation form confirming your high school graduation.
- Pay your $75 application fee.
- Upon acceptance, sign your enrollment agreement.
Once the signed enrollment agreement is received, you’ll be contacted by your academic support team including your academic advisor and student success advisor. They will confirm the start date for your first course and walk you through a quick, but thorough orientation process that will give you all the information you need to get started. And they will be there for you every step of the way to ensure that you successfully complete your certificate program.