You are not required to submit a TOEFL exam result in order to apply and be admitted into the University.
Enhance Your Skills in a Growing Field With CalSouthern’s Certificate in Human Resources Management
CalSouthern’s online human resources management certificate is a great way for human resources professionals to upgrade their skill sets by studying the latest trends in the field, or for executives from other business specialties to develop expertise in human resources management—a field that’s growing in both size (more and more opportunities are available) and in influence (human resources professionals are increasingly assuming leadership roles in business organizations, with a seat at the table when the most critical issues are decided).
The human resources (HR) management online certificate is a post-baccalaureate program; you must have a bachelor’s degree to participate. However, the bachelor’s degree need not be in a business-related field. People with degrees in other subject areas can participate in the program to develop expertise in topics ranging from business ethics to labor relations, compensation issues, supervisory concepts, and effective training techniques. You can use the certificate for professional and personal development, or as a launching pad toward your MBA.
All of CalSouthern’s post-baccalaureate certificate programs are online—you can study around your own schedule and family and work obligations—and are comprised of MBA-level courses, taught by CalSouthern’s talented School of Business faculty. Faculty members will combine traditional academic theory with real-world business tactics—each faculty member is also an established business executive—to teach you how to develop solutions and best practices to apply to real-world business scenarios.
Please take a moment to review the classes that make up CalSouthern’s human resources management certificate. They are designed to give you a well-rounded foundational knowledge of the most critical issues facing human resources professionals today.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Human Resources Management, students will receive:
- The official certificate of completion, issued by the CalSouthern Registrar’s Office and signed by the dean of the School of Business.
- 18 graduate-level course credits—as documented on your official transcript—which can be applied toward your CalSouthern master’s degree or transferred to another institution*.
- All the benefits, services and resources, available to CalSouthern alumni.
- A comprehensive, masters-level understanding of contemporary human resources management theory and its practical application, as well as exposure to current industry best practices.
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Human Resources Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
- MGT 86519 Ethics in Business - 3 Credits
- HRM 86503 Human Resources Management - 3 Credits
- HRM 87502 Compensation Issues in Human Resources Management - 3 Credits
- HRM 87503 Labor Relations - 3 Credits
- HRM 87504 Supervisory Concepts and Practices - 3 Credits
- HRM 87505 Effective Training and e-Learning - 3 Credits
Getting started on your CalSouthern Certificate in Human Resources Management is a quick and simple process. There are no entrance examinations and courses start monthly throughout the year; you can begin your program as soon as your schedule permits. Just complete these four steps:
- Complete your enrollment application.
- Submit your official academic transcripts of your undergraduate degree program.
- Pay your $75 application fee.
- Upon acceptance, sign your enrollment agreement.
Once the signed enrollment agreement is received, you’ll be contacted by your academic support team including your academic advisor and student success advisor. They will confirm the start date for your first course and walk you through a quick, but thorough orientation process that will give you all the information you need to get started. And they will be there for you every step of the way to ensure that you successfully complete your certificate program.
About the School
California Southern University is a regionally accredited, online university offering degrees in psychology, business, criminal justice and nursing at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral ... Read More