The Certificate in Financial Services Compliance opens up BU Law’s renowned banking and financial services expertise to students seeking to join one of the fastest-growing careers in the financial service industry. This prestigious Certificate provides a valuable credential from a top-ranked law school.
Taught by industry experts and backed by more than 30 years of experience in financial services education through the Graduate Banking Program, the curriculum is specifically tailored to people looking to be leading compliance officers.
- Contemporary Financial Services Compliance Programs: Perspectives & Practice
- Anti-Money Laundering: A Major Substantive Compliance Topic and an Example of Risk Management
- Investment Adviser Compliance and its Lessons for Broader Financial Institution Compliance
- Consumer Financial Services
- Banking Structure & Regulation
- Pooled Funds
- Compliance Programs
- Financial Derivatives
All courses in the Certificate are offered exclusively online. There is no residential or on-campus obligation.
Courses are all delivered asynchronously online through the School of Law’s learning management or lecture capture systems. Upon registration, students will be issued school credentials to access all of their available courses. Courses are presented in an intuitive, user-friendly format.
Since the courses are all offered asynchronously online, there is no “set” class schedule. Students will be able to set their own schedules to manage class time and their professional obligations, all while engaging and interacting with experts and peers throughout the program.
Students will receive training on the learning management system platform prior to beginning the program, and ongoing course monitoring will help ensure program quality and minimize student platform issues. Students will receive 24/7 technical support.
All courses will be in compliance with ADA, state, and school requirements. Course accessibility options include captioning, extra time on examinations and other timed assignments, use of dictation software for exams, and use of a note-taker.
Student attendance will be tracked automatically each time that the student logs in to the course.
- Gain expertise in a rapidly-changing field of financial services compliance
- Complete the program on your own schedule, leveraging the flexible onlione format to balance professional responsibilities with your studies
- Develop a thorough understanding of the latest compliance issues and trends in financial services industry
- Familiarize yourself with compliance activities in the broader context of the regulatory and legal framework of financial institutions
- Learn from leading professionals in the field
- Gain a valuable credential from BU Law’s world renowned Graduate Program in Banking and Financial Law
- Benefit from a program designed specifically for people looking to be comfortable in a range of financial institution compliance positions
- Obtain an insider’s perspective on the practical skills and competencies required for compliance officer work
- Gain advanced standing in BU Law’s LLM in Banking and Financial Services Law Program based on certificate coursework.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 19, 2017