You are not required to submit a TOEFL exam result in order to apply and be admitted into the University.
Enhance Your Business Acumen With a Certificate in Financial Management
Executives with expertise in corporate finance inform and drive some of the most critical decisions impacting any business organization, whether they involve mergers, acquisitions, investment, equity allocation, or any of a myriad of other crucial areas. A solid foundation in finance is required of any entrepreneur, as well.
CalSouthern’s financial management certificate online program provides that foundation. It’s a graduate-level online certificate program taught by a talented faculty with business leadership experience. The online program is flexible and convenient. You’ll never have to battle traffic to attend a class or spend your weekends on campus. You can study from home, on your time, without interfering with your work and personal commitments. Monthly course starts mean you don’t have to wait until the beginning of a semester to begin your program.
In itself, the financial management certificate indicates well-rounded expertise in corporate finance. You can use it for continuing education, professional advancement, or simply to broaden your business acumen. It’s also a terrific program for students who have an interest in post-graduate study, but aren’t yet prepared to commit to grad school; you can apply your completed coursework toward an MBA if you choose.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Financial Management, students will receive:
- The official certificate of completion, issued by the CalSouthern Registrar’s Office and signed by the dean of the School of Business.
- 18 graduate-level course credits—as documented on your official transcript—which can be applied toward your CalSouthern master’s degree or transferred to another institution*.
- All the benefits, services and resources, available to CalSouthern alumni.
- A comprehensive, masters-level understanding of corporate financial management theory and its practical application.
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Financial Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
- MGT 86512 Managerial Accounting for Decision Making - 3 Credits
- FIN 86505 Corporate Finance - 3 Credits
- FIN 87513 Investment Management - 3 Credits
- FIN 87514 Financial Institutions - 3 Credits
- FIN 87516 Capital Markets - 3 Credits
- FIN 87518 Behavioral Corporate Finance - 3 Credits
Getting started on your CalSouthern Certificate in Financial Management is a quick and simple process. There are no entrance examinations and courses start monthly throughout the year; you can begin your program as soon as your schedule permits. Just complete these four steps:
- Complete your enrollment application.
- Submit your official academic transcripts of your undergraduate degree program
- Pay your $75 application fee.
- Upon acceptance, sign your enrollment agreement.
Once the signed enrollment agreement is received, you’ll be contacted by your academic support team including your academic advisor and student success advisor. They will confirm the start date for your first course and walk you through a quick, but thorough orientation process that will give you all the information you need to get started. And they will be there for you every step of the way to ensure that you successfully complete your certificate program.
About the School
California Southern University is a regionally accredited, online university offering degrees in psychology, business, criminal justice and nursing at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral ... Read More