About the Program
Do you have experience or background in digital marketing? Combine your existing knowledge with our online Digital Marketing Graduate Certificate to strengthen your skill set and advance your career.
Throughout the course of study, develop the digital skills you need to compete in today’s insight-driven market:
- Develop targeted, customer-centric digital marketing campaigns across a range of digital interfaces
- Design marketing programs that account for the unique user experience needs of mobile consumers
- Implement digital storytelling and content marketing strategies that connect consumers with brands across all major social media platforms
- Use their knowledge of digital consumer behaviors and trends to design marketing programs that motivate consumers to engage and remain loyal to a brand
Our certificate program is designed for working professionals who are eager to gain critical, in-demand digital marketing skills. Upon completion of the certificate, students have the option to apply to continue and complete the full degree program. Earned credit from the certificate program will be applied toward the master’s program.
Emerson College incorporates online learning best practices to offer a student-centric learning experience. All instructors are specifically trained and certified to teach in an online environment. Online courses will use the Emerson Online template on Canvas, which presents content in weekly modules.
Our online classes may or may not be asynchronous. However, all classes will have a set ending date, as well as deadlines along the way that you will need to meet.
Most online courses include:
- Reading or viewing videos
- Participation in online discussions
- Researching and completing assignments
- Completing assignments in collaborative groups
Online courses require the same amount of time and effort as face-to-face courses. During a typical week, you will spend approximately 1 – 2 hours per week reading and/or viewing videos, 2 hours participating in online discussions, and 3 – 4 hours completing assignments. Virtual office hours, advising, library services, writing center services, and accessibility services are available to you.
Enrollment in each course will be capped at roughly 20 to maintain a low student: faculty ratio and to facilitate interactive learning.
Tips for being a successful online student:
- Carefully read the course syllabus and identify important due dates and weekly assignments scheduled.
- Utilize virtual office hours to ask questions and get clarification on assignments.
- Review the course module at the beginning of the week and plan to allow enough time to complete your assignments.
- Participate in weekly discussion boards and engage regularly with your fellow students.
- Take advantage of the virtual resources available from Emerson’s library and writing center.
Program taught in: