Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (specializing in Digital Marketing)
This entry-level certificate could be your ticket to the fast-paced world of digital marketing.
If you are looking to break into the dynamic world of digital marketing, this course is for you. We partnered with the best experts in the industry to design a course that teaches you how to get started in the fast-paced world of online marketing.
- Digital marketing channels: paid and organic
- search (SEM & SEO), display, email & mobile
- Social media marketing
- Foundations of User Experience (UX)
- Customer segmentation
- Consumer behaviour
- Data analytics
After this course, you’ll be able to develop a fully integrated digital marketing plan, which will demonstrate your expertise to potential employers.
Potential career outcomes
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Course Material provided by Open Colleges Pty Ltd is based on the legislative framework provided and maintained by the Australian Government. Any reference to legislation, Australian Standards, Codes of Practice and guidelines for the industry will be based on the use of the appropriate Australian legislative framework.
- Course number E1131IN
- Qualification name BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (specialising in Digital Marketing)
- Course duration Maximum 24 months
- Delivery Method Online
- Recognition Nationally Recognised
- Assessments Case Studies, Demonstrations, Knowledge tests, Presentations
- Fee for service option awarded by Open Colleges (Provider number: 90796)
Module 1: Introduction to digital marketing
You'll get an introduction to the digital marketing sector and learn about the new technologies and future trends affecting the industry
BSBMKG418 Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry
Module 2: Digital disruption
The marketing environment is rapidly changing - this module will teach you about innovation and managing change
BSBMKG417 Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
Module 3: Digital relationship management
Practice your 'pitch' and develop presentation skills for dealing with clients or other stakeholders in the marketing industry
- BSBMGT407 Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
Module 4: Marketplace analysis and customer segmentation
We'll show you how to research the marketplace, analyse the results and develop segmentation strategies based on customer needs
- BSBMKG408 Conduct market research
- BSBMKG401 Profile the market
Module 5: Customer behaviour insight development
Understanding how to identify your customers and the buyer decision process is critical. You'll also learn how to develop insights based on market research
BSBMKG419 Analyse consumer behaviour
Module 6: Data analytics
Learn about the growing field of marketing analytics and how to use data to optimise your marketing tactics
BSBMKG411 Analyse direct marketing databases
Module 7: Digital marketing channels
SEM, SEO, social media, email, display, mobile. This module covers the digital marketing channels you need to reach your audience
BSBADV408 Review advertising media options
Module 8: User experience (UX) foundations
Create meaningful digital experiences for your users and understand the UX metrics that matter
BSBMKG420 Create digital media user experiences
Module 9: The digital marketing plan
Bring it all together by developing and implementing your own comprehensive digital marketing plan
BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
This course requires learners to read online learner modules, undertake a range of task-driven assessments and engage in online discussions. Consequently, learners need to have an effective command of written and spoken English. As a guide we recommend that learners currently or have previously:
- Been employed in a workplace for at least one year, where they predominantly use the English language in verbal and written communications and/or;
- Have successfully completed one year of study taught predominately in English language and/ or;
- Have achieved an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination score of 5.5 during the past three years and/or;
- Have achieved an overall pass score on our free Open Colleges Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool available on our website for a Certificate IV.
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processor (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processor (2GHz recommended)
To successfully complete this course, you will require basic computing skills. This includes:
- Creating, saving and editing Microsoft Office documents
- Accessing and searching the internet
- Downloading and saving documents from websites
- Uploading documents to websites
- Participating in online discussions
- Connecting digital cameras and downloading and storing images and audio files
- Connecting digital video devices and downloading and storing videos
- Compressing image files.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study this course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies.
Start learning for less. Our payment options could help you make considerable savings on the cost of this course.
Enrolment and Fees
Pay As You Learn (PAYL)
You’re completely in control – of both your learning and your finances.
- There are no lock-in contracts, you simply pay when you want to learn.
- You’ll pay for your learning by purchasing monthly subscription periods.
- During your subscription period, you will be allowed to study as much (or as little) as you like.
- After each subscription period, you can choose to pause your studies or stop them completely – or you can continue with your subscription of the course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 15, 2018