Certificate III in Business Administration
The course has been designed by industry professionals to help you succeed in the business world by developing skills like customer service, financial processing and resources coordination.
Studying business administration is about getting solid skills in a wide range of areas. This course is perfect for those who want to gain employment in an office or business. This comprehensive and detailed course would also be useful for people whose current job involves business administration who feel that they need some formal training and advice in key process areas.
The BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration teaches you office skills such as handling payroll, keyboard and computer functions, organising schedules, creating presentations, spreadsheets, and so much more. This course will give you more confidence in a wide area of business applications, particularly if it has been some time since you worked in a similar role.
Potential business employers like to see that you have an analytical mind and attention to detail; this course allows you to practice those skills and gives you the practical ability to use many office programs currently in commercial use. The course also teaches you how to proofread documents and deal with Work Health and Safety (WHS) issues, amongst many other useful subject modules.
An online course is a great way to get ahead in the business world and to start on an interesting and potentially lucrative career path.
Potential career outcomes
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Information Desk Clerk
- Office Junior
- Personal Assistant
The Course Material provided by Open Colleges Pty Ltd is based on the legislative framework provided and maintained by the Australian Government. Any reference to legislation, Australian Standards, Codes of Practice and guidelines for industry will be based on the use of the appropriate Australian legislative framework.
- Course number E1061IN
- Qualification name BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
- Course duration Maximum 18 months
- Delivery Method Online
- Recognition Nationally Recognised
- Assessments Case Studies, Demonstrations, Portfolio of Evidence, Presentations, Questions, Written Reports
- Fee for service option awarded by Open Colleges (Provider number: 90796)
Open Colleges may make changes to the course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or other regulatory requirements. Please download the course guide for current information about the course and its status.
BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents
BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of others
BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
BSBADM307 Organise schedules
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
BSBADM311 Maintain business resources
BSBFIA302 Process payroll
BSBFIA303 Process accounts payable and receivable
BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
You will need to be at least 18 years old
This course requires learners to read online learner modules, undertake a range of task-driven assessments and engage in online discussions. Consequently, learners need to have an effective command of written and spoken English. As a guide we recommend that learners currently or have previously:
- Been employed in a workplace for at least one year, where they predominantly use English language in verbal and written communications and/or;
- Have successfully completed one year of study taught predominately in English language and/ or;
- Have achieved an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination score of 5.5 during the past three years and/or;
- Have achieved an overall pass score on our free Open Colleges Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool available on our website for a Certificate III.
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
You will need access to:
- A digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video, image and audio files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smart phones include this technology.
- Software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc. are available as a free download from the internet.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study this course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies.
Start learning for less. Our payment options could help you make considerable savings on the cost of this course.
Enrolment and Fees
Pay As You Learn (PAYL)
You’re completely in control – of both your learning and your finances.
- There are no lock-in contracts, you simply pay when you want to learn.
- You’ll pay for your learning by purchasing monthly subscription periods.
- During your subscription period you will be allowed to study as much (or as little) as you like.
- After each subscription period, you can choose to pause your studies or stop them completely – or you can continue with your subscription of the course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017